ADSL/Phone relocation

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
gavin

ADSL/Phone relocation

Post by gavin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:16 am

Hi there,

We have an Exetel ADSL/phone service which is installed at our local school for a community group to use.

It is currently terminated in a demountable classroom, which is going to be removed. The termination point needs to be moved into the school library, which is at the opposite end of the school from where it is now.

When we have called Exetel, they have said this is a relocation on site and we need to arrange for this to be done ourselves. This surprised me, as it is the main termination point that we want to get moved.

We have asked the school to help us do this, but their phone lines are all provided by Telstra and they are not interested in moving this Exetel line.

Can anyone tell me how we can get this line moved? We are happy to pay for a tech (from Exetel or their service providers) to come to site and do it for us, but this option doesn't seem to be available to us.

If we cannot get this work done before the demountable is moved, the existing termination point will vanish and we will have no service.

Cheers, Gavin

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: ADSL/Phone relocation

Post by stevecJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 pm

gavin wrote:Hi there,

We have an Exetel ADSL/phone service which is installed at our local school for a community group to use.

It is currently terminated in a demountable classroom, which is going to be removed. The termination point needs to be moved into the school library, which is at the opposite end of the school from where it is now.

When we have called Exetel, they have said this is a relocation on site and we need to arrange for this to be done ourselves. This surprised me, as it is the main termination point that we want to get moved.

We have asked the school to help us do this, but their phone lines are all provided by Telstra and they are not interested in moving this Exetel line.

Can anyone tell me how we can get this line moved? We are happy to pay for a tech (from Exetel or their service providers) to come to site and do it for us, but this option doesn't seem to be available to us.

If we cannot get this work done before the demountable is moved, the existing termination point will vanish and we will have no service.

Cheers, Gavin
Hi Gavin,

Could you please PM me your service number, so I could check on this for you :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

gavin

Post by gavin » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:52 pm

Sure, PM sent

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:09 pm

gavin wrote:Sure, PM sent
Got the PM.

One of our support engineers will shortly get in touch with you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:28 pm

You will need to have an electrician do this, this would be connected to an MDF, and anything past that would be your responsibility.