Unbundling

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Dr Tezza

Unbundling

Post by Dr Tezza » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:48 pm

I currently have Exetel ADSL (via AAPT) plus home phone (presumably via Telstra).

I am exploring the transfer of all services to TPG (ADSL + Home Phone bundle). They apparently cannot accommodate this move because the home phone is via a reseller. The only suggestion I've received is to first move the home phone to Telstra (directly) and then seek a transfer of both services to TPG.

If I 'unbundle' the broadband and home phone, as above, what would happen to my ongoing ADSL service with Exetel ? And to the billing of the ADSL ?

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Re: Unbundling

Post by Bellag » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:06 pm

its best to advise Telstra that there is an active ADSL service on this telephone line and inform them to transfer the line without causing any disruption to the ADSL service.

Please note, in any case if the line gets disconnected during the transfer process, it will cause the ADSL to disconnect as well.

Dr Tezza

Post by Dr Tezza » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Thanks Bellag

What about this bit: "And to the billing of the ADSL ?" If the home phone part is 'unbundled' and moved elsewhere, what happens to the billing of the remaining ADSL service ?

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Could you kindly PM us your service number in order to further assist you with this inquiry.