Relocation Problem

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Wartai

Relocation Problem

Post by Wartai » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:21 pm

I just moved into the premises next door but the existing phone line into the new place doesnt seem to work at all, I have contacted Exetel via phone this morning, which they couldnt find any working line into the place, so I then contacted the owner and he said it used to work fine several years ago, as all other tenants used Mobiles since it was last used.
I contacted Telstra who wont help me because I wont except any of their plans nor phone, but they can not find a working line into my Unit either.
At the moment I have ran a line from my old unit across the fence into this unit until I can get this problem resolved .
What do I do now ?
I cant afford to go wireless and I need a phone line connected as I am on a disability pension and need a working line.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: Relocation Problem

Post by angelos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:02 pm

I have contacted Exetel via phone this morning, which they couldnt find any working line into the place
Did Sales advise you that you are not able to relocate the service?

Wartai

Post by Wartai » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:31 pm

I wanted to relocate my service to the new address and I feel like no one wants to help.
I rang Exetel again just a short while ago, again was advised to talk to Telstra, although Telstra told me earlier today to talk to Exetel.
Its bad enough trying to understand Non Australians on the phone, All I want is a working service, not get sent back and forth.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:15 pm

I will get someone from Sales to get in touch with you.

Wartai

Post by Wartai » Thu May 01, 2014 12:23 am

angelos wrote:I will get someone from Sales to get in touch with you.
Thanks for the reply, someone from sales did ring and was told again to contact Telstra, which I did again, whom told me the same thing as they did before, they will not help me unless I signed up with a service from them. But I was also told to give a call to some Telstra number who may help, whom told me that I should be talking to Optus as they are the supplier for Exetels service.
So I phoned Optus, who told me that they basically wont help me either unless I joined up with Optus, but I told them that I wanted to stay with Exetel as I have done for the last 6 years, they told me that they cant do anything unless I speak to Exetel, who will then get someone to rectify the problem, but they did check the lines again and did find that the service to this address was inactive for more than 4 years which Telstra would have disconnected the line. Also Optus doesnt have its own copper network in this area and its leased from telstra.
Telstra charges $194 to reconnect the service as I am a Disability Pensioner (but have to accept one of their plans), but Exetel will charge me $299 from the same thing Telstra will be doing.
Seems like I will have to move again as I wont be willing to pay the $299 that I don't feel that I should have to pay. The run around I have received was pointless only to be told what I expected in the first place, apart from the huge costs.
I was expecting to be told from the beginning that they will get Exetels supplier to look into it.
The only choice it seems to me, apart from paying the $299 + $100 reconnection fee is to move again, Ive only been in this place a couple days.
The whole thing seems so unjust and wrong. I don't feel I should be penalized because tenants before me didn't use a landline..

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Thu May 01, 2014 12:40 pm

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, someone from sales did ring and was told again to contact Telstra, which I did again, whom told me the same thing as they did before, they will not help me unless I signed up with a service from them. But I was also told to give a call to some Telstra number who may help, whom told me that I should be talking to Optus as they are the supplier for Exetels service.
So I phoned Optus, who told me that they basically wont help me either unless I joined up with Optus, but I told them that I wanted to stay with Exetel as I have done for the last 6 years, they told me that they cant do anything unless I speak to Exetel, who will then get someone to rectify the problem, but they did check the lines again and did find that the service to this address was inactive for more than 4 years which Telstra would have disconnected the line. Also Optus doesnt have its own copper network in this area and its leased from telstra.
Telstra charges $194 to reconnect the service as I am a Disability Pensioner (but have to accept one of their plans), but Exetel will charge me $299 from the same thing Telstra will be doing.
Seems like I will have to move again as I wont be willing to pay the $299 that I don't feel that I should have to pay. The run around I have received was pointless only to be told what I expected in the first place, apart from the huge costs.
I was expecting to be told from the beginning that they will get Exetels supplier to look into it.
The only choice it seems to me, apart from paying the $299 + $100 reconnection fee is to move again, Ive only been in this place a couple days.
The whole thing seems so unjust and wrong. I don't feel I should be penalized because tenants before me didn't use a landline..[/quote][/quote]

We do understand your concern, however if there is no existing copper to the given address, our wholesale supplier (Telstra) charges us $299 to install the infrastructure to the location, which in return we charge you. Unfortunately, without the active copper lines we are unable to activate an ADSL service. An agent will contact you to further discuss the options available.