No service - 2 weeks for a technician.

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Drchelly

No service - 2 weeks for a technician.

Post by Drchelly » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:59 pm

All,

Currently on a Phone and ADSL bundled on an Optus plan. Reported no dial tone and no internet to phone support on Sat 26/4. Received the txt last night advising that "issue will be investigated on or before 10/5". I may be wrong, but feel that 2 weeks to have a line checked and to be without a home phone or internet service is unacceptable. I have been an Exetel customer for nearly 10 years now and can say I have been nothing but happy in their service and support but two weeks to have a line checked, In metropolitan Melbourne? My parents are now without means of telephone communication and I'm having to look to purchase a mobile phone for them just in case...

I can't believe I feel the need to post here after being such an advocate for Exetel but this is leaving a bitter taste...

Ticket number # 7828739

Rob.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: No service - 2 weeks for a technician.

Post by KavindaS » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:56 pm

Drchelly wrote:All,

Currently on a Phone and ADSL bundled on an Optus plan. Reported no dial tone and no internet to phone support on Sat 26/4. Received the txt last night advising that "issue will be investigated on or before 10/5". I may be wrong, but feel that 2 weeks to have a line checked and to be without a home phone or internet service is unacceptable. I have been an Exetel customer for nearly 10 years now and can say I have been nothing but happy in their service and support but two weeks to have a line checked, In metropolitan Melbourne? My parents are now without means of telephone communication and I'm having to look to purchase a mobile phone for them just in case...

I can't believe I feel the need to post here after being such an advocate for Exetel but this is leaving a bitter taste...

Ticket number # 7828739

Rob.
Hi Rob,
Welcome to the Exetel Forums. Unfortunately the commitment given was based on the availability of technicians in your area. However it doesn't mean that it will be investigated only on 10/5 as it will be on or before any day to 10/05 COB.

Drchelly

Post by Drchelly » Sat May 10, 2014 9:07 am

2 weeks now and still no resolution.

I've been told that if its not fixed my 7PM tonight, I have to call Exetel and they will book an appointment for a technician. This may take one or 2 days, but their not sure... Meanwhile I'm getting more and more phone calls with friends worried that somethings happened as the phone rings out an no matter what I try, I cant answer the phone! Its driving me mad!

Very Disappointing.

Drchelly

Post by Drchelly » Sat May 10, 2014 10:03 am

All fixed. After a long conversation with technician on the roadside, he identified and fixed the fault within 10 mins...

Rant over.

aroshak
Exetel Staff

Post by aroshak » Sat May 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Drchelly wrote:All fixed. After a long conversation with technician on the roadside, he identified and fixed the fault within 10 mins...
Hi Rob,

It is grate to hear that the issue is fixed :D . And we are extremely sorry about the inconvenience caused to you by this.