Issues changing plan to bundled w/telephone

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
skipgamer

Issues changing plan to bundled w/telephone

Post by skipgamer » Thu May 22, 2014 9:49 am

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my plan changed to a new one with a bundled telephone package.

I don't have an active phone service at the house, the old one which is also my account/service number (0397405554) was cancelled, which was the main motivation for the plan change in the first place...

I called provisioning per the e-mail I received and they transferred me to sales saying that they can just connect it as a new number, but when I got to sales, I was told I'd have to entirely set up a new account as a new customer and that would include a new installation/set-up costs, and the time involved, etc...

I just want to know if that really is the case? Do I have any other options?

I didn't know I needed an active phone line to do all this, it really should be in big bold letters at the start of the whole plan change with the home phone if it's the case. At the very least this could have been checked before making me wait 4 business days just to be told I need one - I even called provisioning on Monday to ask how long it would take and get verbal confirmation that the application was successful and this requirement wasn't mentioned at all.

I really thought it was a given that you guys would be able to activate the line :S

I'm happy to make a new account if I really need to, just want to to know if that's my only option; need my internet back asap. Been painful for a week without it already. Is there any way to get it fast-tracked or something if I do? I'd be willing to pay extra -_- I mean as far as the wiring goes, it's all there good to go, I've even still got sync on the line.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Issues changing plan to bundled w/telephone

Post by KavindaS » Thu May 22, 2014 1:51 pm

skipgamer wrote:Hi, I'm having trouble getting my plan changed to a new one with a bundled telephone package.

I don't have an active phone service at the house, the old one which is also my account/service number (0397405554) was cancelled, which was the main motivation for the plan change in the first place...

I called provisioning per the e-mail I received and they transferred me to sales saying that they can just connect it as a new number, but when I got to sales, I was told I'd have to entirely set up a new account as a new customer and that would include a new installation/set-up costs, and the time involved, etc...

I didn't know I needed an active phone line to do all this, it really should be in big bold letters at the start of the whole plan change with the home phone if it's the case. At the very least this could have been checked before making me wait 4 business days just to be told I need one - I even called provisioning on Monday to ask how long it would take and get verbal confirmation that the application was successful and this requirement wasn't mentioned at all.

I really thought it was a given that you guys would be able to activate the line :S

I'm happy to make a new account if I really need to, just want to to know if that's my only option; need my internet back asap. Been painful for a week without it already. Is there any way to get it fast-tracked or something if I do? I'd be willing to pay extra -_- I mean as far as the wiring goes, it's all there good to go, I've even still got sync on the line.
I have escalated this to the sales department. You should get a response ASAP.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Thu May 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi, I'm having trouble getting my plan changed to a new one with a bundled telephone package.

Please be advised that you are required to maintain a phone service, in order to have an active ADSL service with Exetel. An agent will call you shortly to further discuss available options.

skipgamer

Post by skipgamer » Thu May 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Absolute joke Exetel. Not that bad that you can't do it although I still don't understand why you can't just connect my phone, which you're going to do now, as a new service anyway, just to get my $100 new "Activation fee" for an ADSL service that is literally already activated according to my modem, but that it took you 4 (working) days and 3 phonecalls to tell me so?

Worst of all I waited on a week of downtime, and have potentially 2 more to wait for absolutely nothing :(

Thanks guys, big help. Great customer service.

Bellag
Exetel Staff

Post by Bellag » Thu May 22, 2014 7:22 pm

As mentioned on the previous post. We regret to hear about the inconvenience caused to you.

We have received your new application and as soon as our supplier provide us an update we will notify you.