Who to contact in relation to new addition to phone service?

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
kyteflyer

Who to contact in relation to new addition to phone service?

Post by kyteflyer » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Not sure which email address to use for *adding* services to phone account? Is it billing? Been getting multiple marketing calls (and scam calls) since having these disabled :(

Thanks in advance

James
Exetel Staff

Re: Who to contact in relation to new addition to phone serv

Post by James » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:59 pm

kyteflyer wrote:Not sure which email address to use for *adding* services to phone account? Is it billing? Been getting multiple marketing calls (and scam calls) since having these disabled :(

Thanks in advance
You can control all aspects of your phone account online.

However, if you are getting spam/scam calls, please go to www.donotcall.gov.au

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:18 am

kyteflyer wrote:Not sure which email address to use for *adding* services to phone account? Is it billing? Been getting multiple marketing calls (and scam calls) since having these disabled :(

Thanks in advance
What services are you planning on adding to your phone account?

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:06 pm

James wrote:

Thanks in advance
You can control all aspects of your phone account online.

However, if you are getting spam/scam calls, please go to http://www.donotcall.gov.au
Thanks James: If any of the links were actually live on the "manage account" page, I would have done that myself.

Also, scammers do not care if your phone is listed at donotcall. Mine has been listed and renewed often since that service began. I've had the "im from telstra and your computer is compromised" and "Im from windows technical support and your computer is compromised" and its getting really boring since I'm not on bigpond or telstra, nor do I use windows. I dont talk to them, I just want not to have to pick up the phone and hear that drivel.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:07 pm

angelos wrote:

Thanks in advance
What services are you planning on adding to your phone account?
Looking at adding silent number and caller ID.

Do you know why the manage account links are not live?

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:40 pm

One more thought...

Where is the phone customer service located? The thing is, I *never* had any scam calls when I was with Telstra, and had a silent number, and a donotcall listing. Its not random dialling, because they use my name... so how did they get that information? The next phonebook has not yet been published.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:05 pm

kyteflyer wrote:Looking at adding silent number and caller ID.
I have forwarded a ticket to our Provisioning team to get these enabled. Ref #8269488

Please be advised that there are monthly charges which apply for these services.
kyteflyer wrote:Do you know why the manage account links are not live?
Our Developers are currently looking into this. Hopefully they should get a fix for this
kyteflyer wrote:One more thought...

Where is the phone customer service located? The thing is, I *never* had any scam calls when I was with Telstra, and had a silent number, and a donotcall listing. Its not random dialling, because they use my name... so how did they get that information? The next phonebook has not yet been published.
It appears your service is currently listed on whitepages.com.au. I was able to find it. Maybe that's how they got the contact information.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:29 pm

angelos wrote:
I have forwarded a ticket to our Provisioning team to get these enabled. Ref #8269488

Please be advised that there are monthly charges which apply for these services.
Thanks for that, much appreciated. And yes, I know theres a charge, I nearly went ballistic when I realised how much more it was going to cost via Exetel than it did at Telstra (multiple additional services get discounted there)

Our Developers are currently looking into this. Hopefully they should get a fix for this
That would be good. It makes no sense to have a section titled manage your services, when you cant.

It appears your service is currently listed on whitepages.com.au. I was able to find it. Maybe that's how they got the contact information.
Probably. Didn't realise it was already published. Thats a bit of a pain, I bet they wont be so quick to remove it.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:52 am

kyteflyer wrote:Probably. Didn't realise it was already published. Thats a bit of a pain, I bet they wont be so quick to remove it.
Not sure how long it would take but you could check with our Provisioning team once you get an email from the above reference number.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Hello again

Any idea how long it normally takes for a couple of switches to be thrown at Telstra? I don't want to bug provisioning unnecessarily but it has been nearly 6 weeks :)

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:27 pm

kyteflyer wrote:Hello again

Any idea how long it normally takes for a couple of switches to be thrown at Telstra? I don't want to bug provisioning unnecessarily but it has been nearly 6 weeks :)
Do you mean Caller ID/Calling number display / Silent Line (unlisted number) is still not provisioned as you have requested? :o . According to the reference no 8269488 this has been confirmed by them on 02nd of September 2014. Please confirm.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:07 pm

KavindaS wrote:
kyteflyer wrote:Hello again

Do you mean Caller ID/Calling number display / Silent Line (unlisted number) is still not provisioned as you have requested? :o . According to the reference no 8269488 this has been confirmed by them on 02nd of September 2014. Please confirm.
I cannot confirm whether I have a silent number or not, but I can confirm that I do NOT have callerID/calling number display active. And if that is not active, I may assume the other is not, also. Could someone follow up with Telstra please?

[edit] It seems my number has been removed from White Pages, so the silent number is active. However, I definitely do not have CallerID active.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:53 pm

kyteflyer wrote:
I cannot confirm whether I have a silent number or not, but I can confirm that I do NOT have callerID/calling number display active. And if that is not active, I may assume the other is not, also. Could someone follow up with Telstra please?

[edit] It seems my number has been removed from White Pages, so the silent number is active. However, I definitely do not have CallerID active.
Slightly confused about what you need followed up here..

Your number is a silent number, but with regards to info on the latter (callerID/calling number display active) I have forwarded this query to our Provisioning team under the same reference number as above.

We will let you know once they confirm this.

Do let us know if this is not what you want done.

kyteflyer

Post by kyteflyer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:09 pm

angelos wrote:
Your number is a silent number, but with regards to info on the latter (callerID/calling number display active) I have forwarded this query to our Provisioning team under the same reference number as above.

Thats exactly right, I need that caller ID. I'm getting far too many nuisance calls, and want to be able to identify the callers. Having the silent number is good. As said, I investigated that myself and found that it had been activated.

Thanks Angelos

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:20 pm

kyteflyer wrote:
angelos wrote:

Thats exactly right, I need that caller ID. I'm getting far too many nuisance calls, and want to be able to identify the callers. Having the silent number is good. As said, I investigated that myself and found that it had been activated.

Thanks Angelos
As you have been informed via the phone call today, we have re escalated to enable the CLI on your phone line and we will update you as soon as we receive the confirmation.