Call Barring

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
u9026a

Call Barring

Post by u9026a » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 am

Ref Ticket # 8466404

I have just been sent a txt message telling me that the issue I am having ringing a specific number in the UK maybe because of 'Call Barring' on my phone.

Having just read this on the Exetel website: "We programme your network barring options into the exchange. You cannot add, change or remove them yourself. You need to ask us to add, change or remove your preferred network barring option", Exetel would know that I do not have any call barring set up on my number, so why send a text stating that at all? Does Exetel not check basic information before sending texts?

Also, I keep getting asked for timestamps. As I have repeatedly pointed out, after dialing the number, nothing happens, no noise at all, just silence. Therefore there will be no timestamps produced, yet the consistent response when contacting support is "The supplier needs timestamps", which I understand but am powerless to do anything about.

Getting a little frustrated as I can successfully call the number from an IP phone and from a mobile, but not my land line, which suggests to me that the problem is indeed my landline.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Call Barring

Post by stevecJ » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:24 pm

u9026a wrote:Ref Ticket # 8466404

I have just been sent a txt message telling me that the issue I am having ringing a specific number in the UK maybe because of 'Call Barring' on my phone.

Having just read this on the Exetel website: "We programme your network barring options into the exchange. You cannot add, change or remove them yourself. You need to ask us to add, change or remove your preferred network barring option", Exetel would know that I do not have any call barring set up on my number, so why send a text stating that at all? Does Exetel not check basic information before sending texts?

Also, I keep getting asked for timestamps. As I have repeatedly pointed out, after dialing the number, nothing happens, no noise at all, just silence. Therefore there will be no timestamps produced, yet the consistent response when contacting support is "The supplier needs timestamps", which I understand but am powerless to do anything about.

Getting a little frustrated as I can successfully call the number from an IP phone and from a mobile, but not my land line, which suggests to me that the problem is indeed my landline.
Hi,

As per the provided ticket reference, the latest text message was today advising that we are awaiting your response for yesterdays' text. Hence as per the telephone conversation you had with one of my colleagues yesterday, please provide the outcome of the following as well as testing an alternate borrowed handset.

-- Quote --
Our supplier says some overseas B# needs to see caller CLI, if it's barred then they may reject the call.Please dial 1832 then the B# including 0011 (1832 0011 44 1752481213).If problem persists, please provide new time stamps/call examples for further investigation.
-- Unquote --

Also When requested for the time stamps, if the handset doesn't produce the time stamp, noting down the time when you tried to call and letting us know would be sufficient.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================