Only Static on phone line

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
axel

Only Static on phone line

Post by axel » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Recently changed plans and since changing the phone has been unusable due to static on the line. People can call but they can't hear us or we hear them.

Prior to the change in plan the phone worked fine.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Only Static on phone line

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:34 pm

Unless you changed wholesale suppliers a plan change is accounting and shouldn't affect the physical service. Check if the phone is filtered and that the filter is good. If the static persists, log a phone fault.

axel

Post by axel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:19 am

Thanks for your reply, as part of changing plan they disconnected and reconnected phone.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:13 pm

axel wrote:Thanks for your reply, as part of changing plan they disconnected and reconnected phone.
As discussed on 23rd of December, please try the status of the phone in isolation and let us know if you need any further investigation on the matter. You could refer the reference 8638181, where we have commented the the troubleshooting on earlier call.

axel

Post by axel » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 am

I have tried to phone in isolation and there is still static to the point the phone is unusable. Can this please be fixed or let me know if I have to change internet providers.
At the moment I am paying for a phone line I can not use. Prior to the change it worked fine.

John

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:34 pm

axel wrote:I have tried to phone in isolation and there is still static to the point the phone is unusable. Can this please be fixed or let me know if I have to change internet providers.
At the moment I am paying for a phone line I can not use. Prior to the change it worked fine.
We will arrange a Support Engineer to be in contact with you, so we can move ahead with investigations. Your reference number for the incident is 8638181.