Problems moving - can't understand what is going on

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
peter_mcc

Problems moving - can't understand what is going on

Post by peter_mcc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm trying to move my phone/ADSL service 0294608xxx from somewhere in St Leonards to somewhere in Artarmon. Both locations are on the St Leonards exchange and my current phone/adsl service I believe is on the Optus network.

Telstra has had no problem moving a voice line only (another 0294608xxx number). But Exetel keep telling me that there are no free copper lines in the new location.

I don't understand why this would be - I have gone to the distribution frame in the industrial unit I am moving to and dialed 12722123 on each of the old owners lines to obtain the old numbers. They are all disconnected but have dial tone - I have provided one of these numbers to Exetel but am still told that there are no free copper lines.

What can I do? At the moment we're running the office off a 3G modem which means we've had to disable all the online backups/etc. I've been going back & forth for about a week now but haven't got anywhere.

So far the best Exetel sales has been able to come up with is to apply for a new number - something I don't want to do as it is the fax number for my business! Apparently there is also some problem with free Optus ports - which I also don't understand because I'm already on one - why can't they just move it?

Any ideas on how to move forward?

saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Re: Problems moving - can't understand what is going on

Post by saadbafik » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:11 pm

Hi,

Can you please PM your service number to have this checked ?

Regards,
Saad Bafik