No phone or internet - 13 day wait for technician

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Mothra888

No phone or internet - 13 day wait for technician

Post by Mothra888 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:17 pm

Hello,

On Thursday 5th Feb I had my phone line go dead and with it my internet connection. So I rant Exetel support who did a line test from their end and advised that a technician would need to be sent out. I was told that I would receive an SMS advising when this would be. I received the text later that day telling me that a technician would be out on or before Mon 9th of February 7pm. Not too bad a wait I thought but still had to get mobile broadband from Vodafone in the meantime to tie me over as I run a home business requiring at least 3-4GB in data per day. Anyway 7pm on the 9th came and went but I still had no phone or internet. Then today (10th Feb) I get another text advising that the appointment has now been rescheduled to on or before 7pn on17th Feb. So my 5 day wait suddenly jumped to a 13 day wait. Is this normal? The mobile broadband in costing me a fortune each day whilst I wait for this to be sorted. Is there any way this process can be sped up?

Ticket number: 8773152

Thanks,
Mark

Shukri
Exetel Staff

Re: No phone or internet - 13 day wait for technician

Post by Shukri » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:49 am

Sometimes things happen beyond our control that mean we can’t connect or fix faults to standard telephone services in our usual time frames, These situations can include natural disasters, extreme weather conditions and instances where our facilities have been damaged through no fault of our own. At this stage your service fault has been escalated with our supplier and due to a Mass Service Disruption the commitment has been rescheduled. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will try our level best to get this fixed ON or Before the commitment as scheduled.

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 am

Shukri wrote:due to a Mass Service Disruption the commitment has been rescheduled..
And what Mass Service Disruption would that be ?
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:52 am

Mixer wrote:
Shukri wrote:due to a Mass Service Disruption the commitment has been rescheduled..
The area Mark lives in has been declared as an area affected by a Mass Service Disruption.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:28 pm

Mixer wrote:
http://www.telstra.com.au/consumer-advi ... on/#search

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:14 pm

I cannot find any information in regards to a Mass Service Disruption in my area. Could you please let me know where I could find some information on this?

The ACMA site advises that to be exempt from the Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) that a provide must provide a notice to affected customers stating:

- the circumstances that have resulted in the provider claiming an exemption (for example, damage to a facility or extreme weather events)
- the telephone numbers of affected services
- an estimate of the number of affected services
- a description of the area bounded by the exemption claim
- a unique identifier for the exemption
- if the exemption relates to an extreme weather events, evidence in writing must be included in the notice
- a statement indicating that affected customers can dispute the exemption claim with the provider and the TIO (if the provider does not adequately resolve the customer’s concerns)
contact information for the provider.
- The content requirements for individual notices are generally the same as for mass service disruption notices, although they do not have to include details about the number of services affected or the area impacted by the exemption.

Is someone from Exetel able to show me where to find this information?

Thank you,
Mark

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:35 pm

Mothra888 wrote:The ACMA site advises that to be exempt from the Customer Service Guarantee (CSG) that a provide must provide a notice to affected customers stating:
When you signed up for the service, you have agreed to waive the CSG. You may refer the copy of the initial order form for more details on CSG waiver.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:36 am

CSG or not. Shouldn't I still be able to find information on a Mass Service Disruption? If not from Exetel, from the supplier? In a reply above, staff member James posted a Telstra link for finding info on MSD by area but there is nothing coming up for the Mayfield/Newcastle area.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:07 am

Perhaps I can help. Telstra published notices in the Sydney Daily Telegraph from December to February for greater Sydney, Hunter, Mid North Coast. The stated cause was weather. Unfortunately they did not use the Newcastle Herald.

They publish new ones also on the Telstra website, where details and numbers can be seen.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:36 am

Mothra888 wrote:CSG or not. Shouldn't I still be able to find information on a Mass Service Disruption? If not from Exetel, from the supplier? In a reply above, staff member James posted a Telstra link for finding info on MSD by area but there is nothing coming up for the Mayfield/Newcastle area.
A MSD means that all available techs from other areas are sent to these impacted areas.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:31 pm

I still have no phone or internet. On Thursday, Friday and again today I have received SMS messages stating:

'Currently your reported service is being investigated by our wholesale supplier. We are working closely with the wholesale supplier and will obtain an update as soon as possible'

Are these just automated responses or is there some progress being made? Also is the commitment of 17th February still in place?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:18 pm

Mothra888 wrote:I still have no phone or internet. On Thursday, Friday and again today I have received SMS messages stating:

'Currently your reported service is being investigated by our wholesale supplier. We are working closely with the wholesale supplier and will obtain an update as soon as possible'

Are these just automated responses or is there some progress being made? Also is the commitment of 17th February still in place?
A tech has already attended to it but has not been able to fix the service and as such has been forwarded to a higher level for further investigations.

We are awaiting their update so please give us some time to get back to you with more information in this regard.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:00 pm

Ok. So I am guessing that I should not be expecting this fixed by the second commitment date I was given (ie 17th Feb by 7pm)? Do I have a new timeframe? As I am a photographer working from home sending large files daily (3GB per day on average) I have had to rely on mobile broadband to continue working. This is proving to be very expensive. If this could be seen to as soon as possible it would be most appreciated. Also, am I billed for the period that I have not had access to phone and internet?

Thank you,
Mark

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:26 pm

Mothra888 wrote:Ok. So I am guessing that I should not be expecting this fixed by the second commitment date I was given (ie 17th Feb by 7pm)? Do I have a new timeframe? As I am a photographer working from home sending large files daily (3GB per day on average) I have had to rely on mobile broadband to continue working. This is proving to be very expensive. If this could be seen to as soon as possible it would be most appreciated. Also, am I billed for the period that I have not had access to phone and internet?

Thank you,
Mark
As advised the tech has looked into this but has not been able to completely resolve the issue, so the 2nd commitment date for 17/02 has already been completed. This is currently with our Supplier Network Engineers and we are awaiting an update.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. We will get back to you as soon as we get an update on this.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Can anyone tell me how long should I expect to wait for an update?