No phone or internet - 13 day wait for technician

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: No phone or internet - 13 day wait for technician

Post by angelos » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Mothra888 wrote:Can anyone tell me how long should I expect to wait for an update?
Apologies but we are currently waiting for an update from them with regards to this issue too.

However since we have not been provided one, we have escalated this to the highest level possible so please stand by for an update.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:56 pm

I have been standing by for an update as suggested in the previous post but still nothing.

All I keep getting is the same text advising:

'Currently your reported service is being investigated by our wholesale supplier. We are working closely with the wholesale supplier and will obtain an update as soon as possible'

...this text doesn't really tell me anything and it is the same text I have been receiving for the past 5 days. Is it possible to get a non-automated reply advising what is really happening with this issue? I am now on my 14th day with no phone or internet and it is beginning to put me into financial hardship. I need to send 3 - 4GB per day for my photography business which means I have been having to spend around $30 a day in mobile broadband just to get my work done. Being a single parent this kind of outlay (over $300 so far) is not within my budget and am beginning to struggle financially as a result of this fault.

Is there anything more I can do to find out what is really going on with this? Would the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman be able to assist me in this case?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:24 pm

Mothra888 wrote:I have been standing by for an update as suggested in the previous post but still nothing.

All I keep getting is the same text advising:

'Currently your reported service is being investigated by our wholesale supplier. We are working closely with the wholesale supplier and will obtain an update as soon as possible'

...this text doesn't really tell me anything and it is the same text I have been receiving for the past 5 days. Is it possible to get a non-automated reply advising what is really happening with this issue? I am now on my 14th day with no phone or internet and it is beginning to put me into financial hardship. I need to send 3 - 4GB per day for my photography business which means I have been having to spend around $30 a day in mobile broadband just to get my work done. Being a single parent this kind of outlay (over $300 so far) is not within my budget and am beginning to struggle financially as a result of this fault.

Is there anything more I can do to find out what is really going on with this? Would the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman be able to assist me in this case?
Apologies... We are still awaiting a response for the escalation made.

Once we get this information we will let you know but at the moment what we have advised you all we have been informed.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:51 pm

15th day of no phone or internet and no news as to when it will be fixed.

Have there been any updates?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Mothra888 wrote:15th day of no phone or internet and no news as to when it will be fixed.

Have there been any updates?
Hi Mark,
I have escalated this with our supplier management and requested more information on the delay and how we can fast track the resolution. We will keep you updated with any further information as and when available.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 am

16th day with no phone or internet with no timeframe for a fix. Every day I get the same answer - that it has been escalated. Which does not tell me much at all. I find this unacceptable. There must be someone at Exetel or your supplier who can estimate when it will be fixed.

As mentioned previously this is putting me in financial hardship as I am a single parent who relies on having an internet connection for my small business to operate. I need to upload around 3-4GB per day and have had to rely on mobile broadband to get by which costs me around $30 per day. I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask Exetel to provide me with complimentary mobile broadband whilst this matter is being resolved. Is this a possibility?

Also, I really hope I am not being charged for the period that I have had no access to my service? Could you follow that up for me to please?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:26 am

Mothra888 wrote:16th day with no phone or internet with no timeframe for a fix. Every day I get the same answer - that it has been escalated. Which does not tell me much at all. I find this unacceptable. There must be someone at Exetel or your supplier who can estimate when it will be fixed.

As mentioned previously this is putting me in financial hardship as I am a single parent who relies on having an internet connection for my small business to operate. I need to upload around 3-4GB per day and have had to rely on mobile broadband to get by which costs me around $30 per day. I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask Exetel to provide me with complimentary mobile broadband whilst this matter is being resolved. Is this a possibility?

Also, I really hope I am not being charged for the period that I have had no access to my service? Could you follow that up for me to please?

Hi Mark,

As per the telephone conversation you had with one of our support engineers few minutes ago, Please check and confirm whether the you have a dial tone on the line now.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:59 am

I just tested the line - there is a faint dial tone but I can only just hear it underneath a large amount of static noise. Modem cannot connect - most likely due to this static.

So issue remains unresolved

devindag
Exetel Staff

Post by devindag » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:53 am

Mothra888 wrote:I just tested the line - there is a faint dial tone but I can only just hear it underneath a large amount of static noise. Modem cannot connect - most likely due to this static.

So issue remains unresolved
Hi Mark,

Please note that we have updated these details with the supplier for further investigation from their end.

We will provide you with an update as soon as one becomes available

Exetel apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Did you get an update from the supplier as to why they said it was fixed when all I have on my phone line is static and still cannot connect to the internet?

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:09 pm

Mothra888 wrote:Did you get an update from the supplier as to why they said it was fixed when all I have on my phone line is static and still cannot connect to the internet?
Another appointment has been booked for Monday between 8am - 12pm. I hope you would be able to stay in attendance to provide access to technician.

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Today I have noticed that the static is not as bad. There is still some but I can hear the dial tone.

I am still unable to connect to the internet though. I have checked all of my modem settings and they are correct. I have powered off for 30 secs and restarted. When I switch it on the DSL light is on and not flashing but I am getting 'no internet connection' Whilst this may be due to the static problem, is it possible for someone to check all of my internet settings on your end to make sure everything is ok?

I will still keep the appointment for the static issue but was hoping that I might be able to connect in the meantime.

Thanks,
Mark

saadbafik
Exetel Staff

Post by saadbafik » Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:33 pm

Mothra888 wrote:Today I have noticed that the static is not as bad. There is still some but I can hear the dial tone.

I am still unable to connect to the internet though. I have checked all of my modem settings and they are correct. I have powered off for 30 secs and restarted. When I switch it on the DSL light is on and not flashing but I am getting 'no internet connection' Whilst this may be due to the static problem, is it possible for someone to check all of my internet settings on your end to make sure everything is ok?

I will still keep the appointment for the static issue but was hoping that I might be able to connect in the meantime.

Thanks,
Mark
Hi Mark,

If there's noise on the line, I would recommend you to wait till the issue is fully resolved. In the meantime you may try factory resetting the modem and reconfiguring it with the exetel username and the password(e-mail has been sent along with the username and password).

Please contact us immediately, If the internet issue persist once the phone issue is fully resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Saad Bafik

Mothra888

Post by Mothra888 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 am

The technician has been here and phone line noise has gone but I still cannot connect to the internet.

I have double checked all of the settings on my modem and everything is correct. When I try and troubleshoot I get the error that the DNS Server is not responding. Could you please check that everything is ok with my account on your end

Thank you,
Mark

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Mothra888 wrote:The technician has been here and phone line noise has gone but I still cannot connect to the internet.

I have double checked all of the settings on my modem and everything is correct. When I try and troubleshoot I get the error that the DNS Server is not responding. Could you please check that everything is ok with my account on your end

Thank you,
Mark
I can see the service currently online. Can you please check and confirm this?