Cannot change ADSL2 telephone settings

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
AJay

Cannot change ADSL2 telephone settings

Post by AJay » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:39 pm

The "Change ADSL2 Telephone Settings" section in My Exetel doesn't actually let you change anything at all.
I'm somehow getting charged for MessageBank, Telephone Handset Rental and Calling number display, and I don't remember agreeing to any of these.
You should really let users turn things on and off as they please, or at least know what they're going to get charged for on their monthly invoice.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Cannot change ADSL2 telephone settings

Post by KavindaS » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:55 pm

AJay wrote:The "Change ADSL2 Telephone Settings" section in My Exetel doesn't actually let you change anything at all.
I'm somehow getting charged for MessageBank, Telephone Handset Rental and Calling number display, and I don't remember agreeing to any of these.
You should really let users turn things on and off as they please, or at least know what they're going to get charged for on their monthly invoice.
Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Please make your request via an email to residentialsupport@exetel.com.au or via phone on 0280301000 / 1300788141 and contact tech support.

AJay

Post by AJay » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Can you tell me why these are on my bill/invoice to start with?
Did they get carried over from Telstra when I recently switched my landline to exetel, or are they just default extras that come with your phone service?
My customer number is 71824 if that helps. Thanks.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:32 pm

AJay wrote:Can you tell me why these are on my bill/invoice to start with?
Did they get carried over from Telstra when I recently switched my landline to exetel, or are they just default extras that come with your phone service?
My customer number is 71824 if that helps. Thanks.
If you had them with Telstra, then it does get carried over. You will need to contact Provisioning to have these services removed. Either call 1300 788 141 or 02 8030 1000 and select option 3 or e-mail provisioning@exetel.com.au as verification is required to make these changes.

AJay

Post by AJay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 am

ok, i already emailed residentialsupport@exetel.com.au as per the previous message, so do i email provisioning@exetel.com.au as well? or will residential support fwd the message to the right department for me?

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:58 am

AJay wrote:ok, i already emailed residentialsupport@exetel.com.au as per the previous message, so do i email provisioning@exetel.com.au as well? or will residential support fwd the message to the right department for me?
I see an open ticket which has been forwarded to our Provisioning team but that does not include the PSTN services you wish to have removed.

If you have a ticket number for the request made, I can take a look at it and forward it accordingly.

AJay

Post by AJay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:56 pm

My Residential Technical Support ticket number is 9012618.
In which I asked for any extra telephone settings to be removed from my account as I don't wish to use them at all and don't want to be charged for the upcoming month's usage on my bill due on the 28th April.

To be more specific they currently are:
- Calling number display
- MessageBank
- Telephone Handset Rental

If you could remove these before I get charged for them that would be great.

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:18 pm

AJay wrote:My Residential Technical Support ticket number is 9012618.
In which I asked for any extra telephone settings to be removed from my account as I don't wish to use them at all and don't want to be charged for the upcoming month's usage on my bill due on the 28th April.

To be more specific they currently are:
- Calling number display
- MessageBank
- Telephone Handset Rental

If you could remove these before I get charged for them that would be great.
I have advised our Provisioning team to look into this ticket.

AJay

Post by AJay » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks very much!