No Dial Tone

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Unreal

No Dial Tone

Post by Unreal » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Exetel,

At the beginning of last week we noticed our phone has no dial tone so therefore we have no internet
We have made a call and was informed it will be restored by 11th of June
Reference #9156324

A text message was sent to me saying the service have been restored on the 7th
I then check and it was still no dial tone

Calling Exetel again and explain the issue, they have said we will escalate the issue to our supplier and will be in contact with you

So on the 10th I received a phone call in the morning saying there will be a on site technician and will need someone to be at home between 1pm - 5pm
Then I have arrange with work to leave early on that day

At 6pm still no technician showed up so I called Exetel and ask them why didn't anyone showed up
The helpdesk explained it was due to "wet weather so the technician was unable to attend"
The next available date for the technician to visit is on the 15th of June between 8am - 12pm
I have asked them if they can reschedule on the next day 11th as someone is at home already so I don't need to take another day off, but they are unable to do so
So I have to take another day of work for the visit

Here is my complaint
So why didn't anyone from Exetel or the technician failed to contact us?
You organized a date and failed to show up and not notify the customer
I had to call Exetel to find an update and be advised they are unable to attend and will need to reschedule
Looking at the forecast it will be another wet weather so am I expecting a no show again?
Take another day of work is not convenient for everyone
This is two weeks without phone access and internet access
I understand we pay a residential service but feels like Exetel is giving a no care factor to their customers

angelos
Exetel Staff

Re: No Dial Tone

Post by angelos » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:45 am

Unreal wrote:Hi Exetel,

At the beginning of last week we noticed our phone has no dial tone so therefore we have no internet
We have made a call and was informed it will be restored by 11th of June
Reference #9156324

A text message was sent to me saying the service have been restored on the 7th
I then check and it was still no dial tone

Calling Exetel again and explain the issue, they have said we will escalate the issue to our supplier and will be in contact with you

So on the 10th I received a phone call in the morning saying there will be a on site technician and will need someone to be at home between 1pm - 5pm
Then I have arrange with work to leave early on that day

At 6pm still no technician showed up so I called Exetel and ask them why didn't anyone showed up
The helpdesk explained it was due to "wet weather so the technician was unable to attend"
The next available date for the technician to visit is on the 15th of June between 8am - 12pm
I have asked them if they can reschedule on the next day 11th as someone is at home already so I don't need to take another day off, but they are unable to do so
So I have to take another day of work for the visit

Here is my complaint
So why didn't anyone from Exetel or the technician failed to contact us?
You organized a date and failed to show up and not notify the customer
I had to call Exetel to find an update and be advised they are unable to attend and will need to reschedule
Looking at the forecast it will be another wet weather so am I expecting a no show again?
Take another day of work is not convenient for everyone
This is two weeks without phone access and internet access
I understand we pay a residential service but feels like Exetel is giving a no care factor to their customers
Firstly I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have gone through. This is an unfortunate although common issue these days with the prevailing weather conditions.

We would prefer arranging you an appointment for the next day, as we too want to resolve issues sooner than the time it is currently taking. However when a service call is being re-scheduled, as per our wholesalers process, the first available appointment for that area is provided. This may sometimes fall on the next day or may take over a week and probably will be a completely different technician from a completely different area but it will be arranged in that way. (This is how tech visits are managed)

Please bear with us during this time and hopefully we will see clear skies on Monday and will be able to get this issue resolved.

Unreal

Re: No Dial Tone

Post by Unreal » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:09 pm

Ok, thanks for explaining it to me

Lets hope the tech will show up and have the courtesy to call

If its still a no show then I got nothing to say