Setup Voicemail from Another Number

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Aaphid

Setup Voicemail from Another Number

Post by Aaphid » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:03 am

On Sunday I put a request in to have Voicemail activated on a landline (Optus I think). Since then the Voicemail service has been activated but we have lost dial tone and can't dial out. Incoming calls work fine and ADSL works fine.

I've spoken to support and said they're organising a field tech to attend. So I have switched the phone over to a VoIP service which also works fine. But in the meantime I would like to setup the voicemail on the non VoIP line with a message advising people to call a different number.

Is there any way that I can setup Voicemail from a different number?

Shukri
Exetel Staff

Re: Setup Voicemail from Another Number

Post by Shukri » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:14 am

Since then the Voicemail service has been activated but we have lost dial tone and can't dial out.
If there is any issues with the PSTN dial tone or outgoing calls please contact Exetel support for further investigations.
I have switched the phone over to a VoIP service which also works fine. But in the meantime I would like to setup the voicemail on the non VoIP line with a message advising people to call a different number.
To setup the voice mail you must use the same telephone line, however you can listen the messages from any phone.

Please refer the following link for FAQ and setup instructions.

http://exewiki.exetel.com.au/index.php? ... m_Optus.3F