Noisy Phone Line

Bundled telephone and Wireline services
Post Reply
mywong
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Figtree

Noisy Phone Line

Post by mywong » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:31 pm

On 10 am last Friday 17 June, my phone has a constant loud noise. Following advice from a Forum, I reported my problem online using helpdesk.exetel.com.au instead of ringing. Four days after raising a trouble ticket, Reference: MAU-34951-587, I have not received any reply from Exetel.

I wonder is there anyone attending the "help desk".

I normally ring Helpdesk when I have a phone or Internet problem and wait for 10 to 20 minutes using my wife's mobile at a great cost. Cannot use my landline due to the noise.

My question is do I keep on waiting for reply or picking up the mobile to get attention?

Shukri
Exetel Staff
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:20 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by Shukri » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:56 pm

The line test on this connection indicates possible issues. An email has been sent to you with the relevant information. Kindly reply back to us for further investigations. Thanks.

mywong
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Figtree

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by mywong » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:52 am

Thanks Shukri for your email.

As requested, I disconnected everything from the landline and rang help desk on 0280301000 using my mobile. After a wait of 25 minutes I talked to a Support Engineer named Michael. He is well trained, experienced and conducted the line test professionally. He had arranged Telstra to investigate.

The mobile call took 36 minutes at a considerable cost. On hold for 25 minutes is much longer than expected. About two years ago a line test was organised with two or three emails between me and Exetel Support before and after the test. It was quicker, no stress and no cost to anyone.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by KavindaS » Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:59 pm

mywong wrote:Thanks Shukri for your email.

As requested, I disconnected everything from the landline and rang help desk on 0280301000 using my mobile. After a wait of 25 minutes I talked to a Support Engineer named Michael. He is well trained, experienced and conducted the line test professionally. He had arranged Telstra to investigate.

The mobile call took 36 minutes at a considerable cost. On hold for 25 minutes is much longer than expected. About two years ago a line test was organised with two or three emails between me and Exetel Support before and after the test. It was quicker, no stress and no cost to anyone.
We understand the situation and we are working towards a solution, due to recent adverse bad weather conditions and mass service disruptions, we are experiencing longer than usual response times. Since these are out of Exetels control we assure you that we will provide you with daily updates to your reported service issues. Exetel apologies for the inconvenience may have caused by this.

mywong
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Figtree

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by mywong » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:25 am

Thanks Exetel for the regular update of the situation for the last twelve (12) days. I know the problem has to be investigated and fixed by your wholesale supplier and out of your control.

At 9 pm tonight (28 June), a text message from Exetel informed me that the problem has been resolved. After testing I found It is not completely fixed. The noise is still there, not as loud as before and at a lower frequency. It is still unusable.

I have emailed Exetel support the negative report and requested further investigation. I would like Exetel Management to look into why my phone is out of service for two weeks or longer. Normally similar problems were fixed within 2 to 4 days.

User avatar
KavindaS
Forum Admin
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by KavindaS » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:56 am

mywong wrote:Thanks Exetel for the regular update of the situation for the last twelve (12) days. I know the problem has to be investigated and fixed by your wholesale supplier and out of your control.

At 9 pm tonight (28 June), a text message from Exetel informed me that the problem has been resolved. After testing I found It is not completely fixed. The noise is still there, not as loud as before and at a lower frequency. It is still unusable.

I have emailed Exetel support the negative report and requested further investigation. I would like Exetel Management to look into why my phone is out of service for two weeks or longer. Normally similar problems were fixed within 2 to 4 days.
That is not something good to hear :( . I refer to the supplier technician report and according to them, A Local Service Disruption has been restored. However they have not closed the service issue and have requested to check with the customer and get back to them if the issue persists. I have already oraganised a senior engineer to work on this again and update you via the same email ticket. From Exetel Management, I will escalate this to the wholesale supplier management and get them to fast track the investigations. We appreciate your patience in resolving this matter.

mywong
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Figtree

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by mywong » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:48 pm

I have been asked to call Support to request a second line test because your wholesale supplier is not convinced the causes of the problem are on their side after 13 days outage. Below is my reply to Exetel support.

"Please remind all involved my phone has been out of service continuously for the last thirteen (13) days. After a 35 minutes mobile call which costed me 30 dollars (have document to prove), Exetel have conducted a line test on 20 June. I noticed the ticket numbers have been changed a few times.

I do not know what your wholesale supplier had done. The fact is that the problem has not been fixed. Had not seen anybody checking the line in front of my house.

It is not fair I need to spend another 35 minutes on the phone and pay additional 30 dollars to Virgin/Optus to arrange a second line test for a problem started 13 days ago.

The best arrangement is this, I will disconnect everything from the first Telstra socket of the landline immediately after I send this email. Exetel can do the line test 5 minutes from the time this email is sent. I will leave it disconnected until I receive an email from Exetel.

Please accept this email in place of a phone call."

User avatar
Amila Fernando
Forum Admin
Posts: 369
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Australia

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by Amila Fernando » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 pm

mywong wrote:I have been asked to call Support to request a second line test because your wholesale supplier is not convinced the causes of the problem are on their side after 13 days outage. Below is my reply to Exetel support.

"Please remind all involved my phone has been out of service continuously for the last thirteen (13) days. After a 35 minutes mobile call which costed me 30 dollars (have document to prove), Exetel have conducted a line test on 20 June. I noticed the ticket numbers have been changed a few times.

I do not know what your wholesale supplier had done. The fact is that the problem has not been fixed. Had not seen anybody checking the line in front of my house.

It is not fair I need to spend another 35 minutes on the phone and pay additional 30 dollars to Virgin/Optus to arrange a second line test for a problem started 13 days ago.

The best arrangement is this, I will disconnect everything from the first Telstra socket of the landline immediately after I send this email. Exetel can do the line test 5 minutes from the time this email is sent. I will leave it disconnected until I receive an email from Exetel.

Please accept this email in place of a phone call."
We have performed your line test and updated our supplier with test results to proceed with further investigations.Kindly reconnect your devices back to the wall outlets.

We will investigate this issue with our supplier and will provide an update as soon as possible.

We do apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused to you.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

mywong
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:28 pm
Location: Figtree

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by mywong » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:18 pm

I received the first sms on 1 July and second sms this afternoon regarding a technician is attending my landline on a particular date.

Soon after receiving your first sms I sent you an email requested a change of date. I resent the email this afternoon. Hoping one of the two emails would go through the faulty landline.

So far I receive no reply from Exetel. I would be appreciated if the Forum Admin can pass on my request for change of date as per my emails.

Shukri
Exetel Staff
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:20 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Noisy Phone Line

Post by Shukri » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Kindly note that we are unable to reschedule appointments immediately with our wholesale suppliers after business hours. However we will be able to confirm the change by tomorrow.

Post Reply