Page 1 of 1

Phone Line with NBN

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:00 am
by JB
I recently switch from ADSL to NBN and while my ADSL has been disconnected I noticed that my latest invoice still has a phone line rental listed for Jan 2018.
Without ADSL I no longer use the phone line, do I need to do something else to cancel this service. Other than a phone why else would I need the phone line?

Re: Phone Line with NBN

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:07 am
by clintdb
If you want to keep your existing phone number when switching to the NBN, then you need to keep the phone service active until your NBN service is fully operational and then you migrate your "old" phone number over to the phone service provided with the NBN (at least this is what I was told when helping out my father-in-law earlier this year).

Once you have ported your old number across (or if you don't want your old number) you can then cancel your old phone service. But it may not be done automatically as you would expect because then the old number can get lost - which most people don't want.

Re: Phone Line with NBN

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am
by nicoler
JB wrote:I recently switch from ADSL to NBN and while my ADSL has been disconnected I noticed that my latest invoice still has a phone line rental listed for Jan 2018.
Without ADSL I no longer use the phone line, do I need to do something else to cancel this service. Other than a phone why else would I need the phone line?
HI

Could you please PM your service details to further investigate this.

Kind Regards

Nicole

Re: Phone Line with NBN

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:48 am
by JB
nicoler wrote:
JB wrote:I recently switch from ADSL to NBN and while my ADSL has been disconnected I noticed that my latest invoice still has a phone line rental listed for Jan 2018.
Without ADSL I no longer use the phone line, do I need to do something else to cancel this service. Other than a phone why else would I need the phone line?
HI

Could you please PM your service details to further investigate this.

Kind Regards

Nicole
thanks Nicole details have been sent -correction seems stuck in my Outbox but don't know why.

Re: Phone Line with NBN

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:05 pm
by nicoler
JB wrote: thanks Nicole details have been sent -correction seems stuck in my Outbox but don't know why.
HI

We received your PM with the service number. Your PSTN to VOIP request was completed on the 14th of December 2017. We will cancel the phone service and arrange relevant refunds for the unused days. Your reference number is 12381436.

Kind Regards

Nicole.

Re: Phone Line with NBN

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:44 pm
by JB
nicoler wrote: HI

We received your PM with the service number. Your PSTN to VOIP request was completed on the 14th of December 2017. We will cancel the phone service and arrange relevant refunds for the unused days. Your reference number is 12381436.

Kind Regards

Nicole.
Nicole, thanks for looking into this for me. Regards Joel