Can the authorised mobile number be seen on an SMS

WebSMS and 'Email to SMS' services

Can the authorised mobile number be seen on an SMS

Postby andcorp on Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:29 am

Im wondering when sending an SMS via the ExESMS app, is there any way of the receiver of the message to know the authorised mobile number of the sender. The reason for this is I own a repair shop and would like to message customers when their job is complete, however I would rather they not know my mobile phone number. I have toyed around with it using my Iphone, and I cannot see the number, just the alias I have given it in the ExeSMS software, but the iphone doesn't have an option to see message "details" like my previous Nokia phone did, which seemed to show a detailed message header with the number.

Obviously I understand that If I sent malicous messages it could be traced back, but thats not why im asking the question, it was more just to protect my privacy. If necessary I can get a prepaid sim to authorise a new number with Exetel, but just thought Id ask the question.
andcorp

Re: Can the authorised mobile number be seen on an SMS

Postby William M on Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but unless you've set the "Sender" as your mobile number, then no, there is no way that the receiver can identify your authorised mobile number.

Cheers
William M

Return to SMS via ADSL