ExeSMS v2.2 application opening error

WebSMS and 'Email to SMS' services
Robitup

ExeSMS v2.2 application opening error

Post by Robitup » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Hi - I have just insatalled exeSMS v2.2 on my laptop running WIN7 32-bit. When I try to run the app I receive a database connection opening error "error in opening application".

Can I please have some assistance to troubleshoot.

BTW - I have exeSMS v2.1 running perfectly on my WINXP SP3 32-bit desktop. I checked the contents of the exeSMS Version2.1 folder installed on desktops C:\ and not that there is a folder "Exetel_sms_db" that I do not have in the exeSMS Version2.2 folder on my notebook. Could this be the issue?
cheers,

Rob N

Robitup

Re: ExeSMS v2.2 application opening error

Post by Robitup » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Any assistance with this problem appreciated
cheers,

Rob N

William M

Post by William M » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:33 am

Hi,

One of our developers is currently looking into a solution to the issue you raised. He shall respond as soon as a he finds further information.

Cheers

Robitup

Post by Robitup » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Has there been any development on identifying what has created the problem - more importantly, what the solution to fixing it is? Are there any other known instances of this problem being experienced?
cheers,

Rob N

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:06 pm

Robitup wrote:Has there been any development on identifying what has created the problem - more importantly, what the solution to fixing it is? Are there any other known instances of this problem being experienced?
there have been a few other issues, the default shortcut to open the program is incorrect and there have been issues of file association problems, two threads here for further reference

viewtopic.php?f=301&t=36570

viewtopic.php?f=301&t=35862

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:39 pm

BTW - I have exeSMS v2.1 running perfectly on my WINXP SP3 32-bit desktop. I checked the contents of the exeSMS Version2.1 folder installed on desktops C:\ and not that there is a folder "Exetel_sms_db" that I do not have in the exeSMS Version2.2 folder on my notebook. Could this be the issue?
Yes this is the issue. Folder 'Exetel_sms_db' is where every thing is saved The folder is created at the time of the installation. And since it was not created the application won’t start
Are there any other known instances of this problem being experienced?
Yes we did experience other issues in WIN 7 and related to new permission setup in WIN 7

Regards,
Theje

Robitup

Post by Robitup » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:46 pm

So if the problem is with the 'Exetel_sms_db' folder not being created on install, what is the fix?

I can't se how the jav association file problem has anything to so with this problem. Can I please have some instructions on how to resolve - do I have to create the folder manually?
cheers,

Rob N