International to International

WebSMS and 'Email to SMS' services
frimbia

International to International

Post by frimbia » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:03 pm

I am building an application. It requires users to have an Exetel account if they want to use its SMS facilities. It is working well (Exetel should thank me :) )

So three questions.

Is it possible or do you need to be in Australia?
Is it a reasonable thing (in cost) to have a US user sign up to an Exetel account?
Is it possible for me to code this to allow international use? For example I now discard the zero and add 61 to mobiles. Could i have a similar but different rule in software to allow US use for example.

Remember I am talking about a US person making a SMS to another US person.

thejeg

Re: International to International

Post by thejeg » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi frimbia,
frimbia wrote:Is it possible or do you need to be in Australia?
You don’t need to be in Australia, but I'm not sure if you residing in Australia
Is it a reasonable thing (in cost) to have a US user sign up to an Exetel account?
All US messages are charged at 8.8c. When you build volume we could consider discounts
Is it possible for me to code this to allow international use?
This should be possible AFAIK but I will get it confirmed from the developer team.....

Regards,
Theje :wink:

frimbia

Post by frimbia » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:35 am

Let me get this quite straight.

I am building an application, and I want to sell it internationally. So can I code it so people in other countries can use the SMS service.

They of course would have to open their own account with Exetel. It does not matter where I live. I actually live in Australia, and my Australian clients are very happy with it. but I would like to expand its role.

So I look forward to your reply. I have emailed Exetel with this request, but no answer. I actually think this has potential to increase Exetels exposure.

I am about to adapt the project to allow bulk sms, so maybe that is a more profitable line for Exetel (I realise 1 sms at a time is a hard way to make money).

Regards

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:56 am

frimbia wrote:Let me get this quite straight.

I am building an application, and I want to sell it internationally. So can I code it so people in other countries can use the SMS service.

They of course would have to open their own account with Exetel. It does not matter where I live. I actually live in Australia, and my Australian clients are very happy with it. but I would like to expand its role.

So I look forward to your reply. I have emailed Exetel with this request, but no answer. I actually think this has potential to increase Exetels exposure.

I am about to adapt the project to allow bulk sms, so maybe that is a more profitable line for Exetel (I realise 1 sms at a time is a hard way to make money).

Regards
Hmmm!!!

I'll get back to you on this....

thejeg

Post by thejeg » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:40 pm

thejeg wrote:Hmmm!!!

I'll get back to you on this....
Since this is not a day-to-day query that we come across, I suggest you email melanieb@exetel.com.au directly as she has more knowledge when it comes to SMS related queries :wink: .