SMS API Sender Name

WebSMS and 'Email to SMS' services

SMS API Sender Name

Postby frimbia on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:07 pm

I have a desktop app, with quite a few clients (10 or so) that contains SMS using Exetels API. (So they are Exetels customers rather than me) . I have just had a call saying the Sender name is being rejected, on all computers at once. The Sender Name is legal - no spaces, under 11 characters.

Is there an issue that I need to be aware of. My app is VB.net, and appears to be otherwise OK.
frimbia

Re: SMS API Sender Name

Postby Kaushalya on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:30 am

frimbia wrote:I have a desktop app, with quite a few clients (10 or so) that contains SMS using Exetels API. (So they are Exetels customers rather than me) . I have just had a call saying the Sender name is being rejected, on all computers at once. The Sender Name is legal - no spaces, under 11 characters.

Is there an issue that I need to be aware of. My app is VB.net, and appears to be otherwise OK.

Could you please PM me the API username/s to have a look?

Was this function working before?
Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Postby frimbia on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi Kaushalya

I actually have the below post in my outbox to PM you but I cannot work out how to get in the sent folder. So I will risk a public post!

Regarding the forum post Sender Name rejected. I have had more support calls, and also I have fired my own up and tried. All are failing with the same error message. (Invalid sender)

For the sake of ease my user name is frimbia

I tried the user name Rod

This was working oK before, and is actually an old program of mine working good for 6 years.
frimbia

Postby angelos on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:33 pm

frimbia wrote:Hi Kaushalya

I actually have the below post in my outbox to PM you but I cannot work out how to get in the sent folder. So I will risk a public post!

Regarding the forum post Sender Name rejected. I have had more support calls, and also I have fired my own up and tried. All are failing with the same error message. (Invalid sender)

For the sake of ease my user name is frimbia

I tried the user name Rod

This was working oK before, and is actually an old program of mine working good for 6 years.

I checked the current username and I am not seeing any issues with it. You seem to have sent a text today and it has been sent successfully from 04*****471 to itself. How did you send this message?

'Rod' is inactive so it should not work.
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby frimbia on Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Sorry - I meant I tried the send name Rod, as it is the sender name that is giving me problems. That successful message was sent via the web portal, all problems are with the api.

So user name frimbia
Sender name all sorts of things tried including Rod
And On ALL my clients. This is happening in Kalgoorlie, Albany, Perth and Margaret River
frimbia

Postby angelos on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:20 pm

frimbia wrote:Sorry - I meant I tried the send name Rod, as it is the sender name that is giving me problems. That successful message was sent via the web portal, all problems are with the api.

So user name frimbia
Sender name all sorts of things tried including Rod
And On ALL my clients. This is happening in Kalgoorlie, Albany, Perth and Margaret River

I just tried using an application using your credentials and was able to successfully send using a different API sender name. I would recommend checking your configuration on the application.

You have been charged $0.088 for this test. I will have that credit back to you.

Your reference number : 9465547
angelos
Exetel Staff

Postby frimbia on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:44 pm

OK. I have rewritten the sub, and it is now working. I was not encoding the URL properly, and I suppose Exetel (properly) must have tightened up on that.

Rod
frimbia

Postby angelos on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:08 pm

frimbia wrote:OK. I have rewritten the sub, and it is now working. I was not encoding the URL properly, and I suppose Exetel (properly) must have tightened up on that.

Rod

Glad to hear it's working. Let me know if there is anything else you wish to discuss :)
angelos
Exetel Staff

Return to SMS via ADSL