Exetel iOS app removed from App Store

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities

Exetel iOS app removed from App Store

Postby benb on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:20 pm

The Exetel iOS app ("My Exetel") looks to have been removed from the App Store. I also get a warning "the developer needs to update the app to improve its compatibility". Will the app be updated/return to the app store? I use this regularly to check my ADSL usage.
benb

Re: Exetel iOS app removed from App Store

Postby michaeld on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:08 pm

benb wrote:The Exetel iOS app ("My Exetel") looks to have been removed from the App Store. I also get a warning "the developer needs to update the app to improve its compatibility". Will the app be updated/return to the app store? I use this regularly to check my ADSL usage.

Hi benb

We will check this matter with our developers and get back to you.
michaeld
Exetel Staff

Postby KavindaS on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:33 pm

michaeld wrote:
benb wrote:The Exetel iOS app ("My Exetel") looks to have been removed from the App Store. I also get a warning "the developer needs to update the app to improve its compatibility". Will the app be updated/return to the app store? I use this regularly to check my ADSL usage.

Hi benb

We will check this matter with our developers and get back to you.

Hi benb,

We are developing a brand new mobile application with using latest technologies for both iOS and Android platforms. Therefore it requires a new application rather an update to the existing app.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby benb on Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Is there an ETA for the rewritten app?
benb

Postby KavindaS on Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:02 pm

benb wrote:Is there an ETA for the rewritten app?

Unfortunately still no ETA from the developing team.
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby benb on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 pm

With the demise of the xml feed the iOS app is now completely broken. Is there any news on the replacement app? I found it to be very handy for checking my usage.
benb

Postby KavindaS on Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 pm

benb wrote:With the demise of the xml feed the iOS app is now completely broken. Is there any news on the replacement app? I found it to be very handy for checking my usage.

Please refer this viewtopic.php?f=303&t=43332&p=320435#p320435 for the detail information
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby benb on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:44 am

That topic does not answer my question. My question is is there an expected date for the iOS Exetel app? It was indicated earlier in this thread (November last year) that one was being worked on.

I know the member facilities can be used, but the page renders with very small text and graphs and is hard to view viewed properly on a mobile device. And it is not as convenient as the mobile app was.
benb

Postby Dazzled on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:31 am

There are many devices and software that display the web site badly or not at all. We went through this once before. The XML service had the benefit of being human readable and available on anything.
Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Postby James on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:14 pm

A new app is being considered by management.
James
Exetel Staff

Postby benb on Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:34 am

James wrote:A new app is being considered by management.

The response to my original question back in November was a new application is being developed. Now you one is being considered? What has happened in the past 4 months?

The website is very difficult to use on the small screen of a mobile device. The mobile app was very convenient to use and I would encourage you to develop a replacement.
benb

Postby KavindaS on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:15 pm

benb wrote:
James wrote:A new app is being considered by management.

The response to my original question back in November was a new application is being developed. Now you one is being considered? What has happened in the past 4 months?

The website is very difficult to use on the small screen of a mobile device. The mobile app was very convenient to use and I would encourage you to develop a replacement.

As James have confirmed, it is being considered and if any ETA received, we will update the thread
KavindaS
Forum Admin

Postby stevebow on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:37 am

Add my vote for an updated app please. My preference is for a secure xml feed that could be used for the Firefox addon I use though. A shame that was shut down, it was much more convenient than logging in to My Exetel.

Steve
stevebow

Return to Member facilities & usage meter