NEW Members Facilities Frontpage

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Klaas

Re: NEW Members Facilities Frontpage

Post by Klaas » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:56 am

First glance - looks okay.

I don't know if the different sections are fixed in their relative positions, but it might be useful to 'cluster' common services?

For example, I have the the left hand column, the contacts box, the VoIP box, and the Mobile box in that order. In the right hand column, I have ADSL usage, SMS, Email2Fax, and then Wireline boxes, in that order.

I would think clustering the voice services together (Wireline, Mobile, VoIP) would be tidier, but that might just be me being picky.

(I'll note that my Wireline box says I don't have a service, even though I'm on a IncPhone plan.)

EDIT: I'll second the motion to have the boxes link to the various sections (even if it is just the headings in each box - eg, "Mobile Meter" is a link).

Klaas

ottyacat

Post by ottyacat » Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Looks good shady i like it.

Is it possible to display the mobile total as well like the voip? Its not hard to click the view button :wink: but its nice at a very quick glimpse to see everything you have accrued for the month on one page.

Cheers

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:27 pm

Hi Klaas

Nice to see you :D
Klaas wrote:(I'll note that my Wireline box says I don't have a service, even though I'm on a IncPhone plan.)
This is because Wireline refers to a phone service for users who don’t bundle their ADSL2 service with telephone line rental - see this page
http://www.exetel.com.au/v_national_call_rates.php

However, having the IncPhone plan telephone charges included would be a great idea - as would dropping out summaries for services I don't have (if feasible).
EDIT: I'll second the motion to have the boxes link to the various sections (even if it is just the headings in each box - eg, "Mobile Meter" is a link).
Me three :)

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

hornet48

Post by hornet48 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:27 pm

I reckon it's a great improvement to the old home page - thank you!

Regards,

Harry.

dbr

Post by dbr » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:38 pm

dbr wrote:
Shady wrote:I will do my best to add as much as I can though keep in mind that I can't do too many queries to the database as it may take long for the page to load.
I understand your comment, so realise I may be asking you to perform "too many queries"....

I like the overall look. I like that the VOIP has a summary of costs for this month.

I don't like that mobile has a drop down box (I don't want to press View for each service). The idea (for me) is that in one summary page I can quickly glance and see a summarised liting of all service costs for the month. I would prefer each mobile has a summary amount for the month, or at the least a total mobile expenditure.

I don't like that there is no summary of the INC phone costs. The Wireline service meter says I don't have any, so I assume this is different to the INC part of my INCPHONE ADSL.

Having said the "I don't likes" above, I want to amplify that I am not having a go. It is only a small degree of refinement that I think would simply add a level of polish. I think the changes in general are excellent and certainly appreciate your responsiveness to our requests. Great work!

As an option, you could add a column to the Account Details > View Exetel Services table to include "Current Month Charges"
I posted this in the other thread, just before Gidget closed it :P

In summary. I like it. Fits my window fine. Please total mobile accounts on the main page.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

jayday

Post by jayday » Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:27 pm

Mod Delete
Last edited by jayday on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shady

Post by Shady » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:16 am

Thank you for your suggestions everyone. I will be making improvements throughout this week.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:09 pm

Shady wrote:I will be making improvements throughout this week.
Members Facilities Frontpage contains a "Voice" item (first on the right) - ADSL2+ with Phone service is returning:
Voice Meter
You currently do not have a Wire Line service.

VK

Post by VK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:38 pm

So what happened to this suggestion:

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28124

Shady

Post by Shady » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:49 pm

I don't really see why that is necessary but I will add it if you really need it.

karLos

Post by karLos » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:10 pm

can we please put the current month's adsl usage meter back up the top? i currently have a lovely box saying "You currently do not have a Wire Line service" where the meter was last week.

VK

Post by VK » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:16 pm

Shady wrote:I don't really see why that is necessary but I will add it if you really need it.
I tried to explain it in the other post and I will try again now.

Suppose it is day 17 on a 31days month. Suppose you used 6.620 MB out of your 12.000 plan. If you continue downloading with your current rate are you likely to exceed your plan limit?

At the moment you need a calculator (and some primary school maths) to answer that question.

However suppose you can see the percentages: 100 * 17/31 = 54.8% of the month and 100 * 6620 / 12000 = 55.2% of the megabytes. Now you can compare 54.8% to 55.2% and clearly see that you "chew up" megabytes just slightly faster than optimal and if you continue doing that you will exceed your limit, but not by much. No calculators and pesky maths required.

Shady

Post by Shady » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:35 pm

VK,

I understand what you are asking for but I still don't see why that is necessary. The meter is there for you to check how much you have downloaded so you can make sure you don't exceed that limit.

The rate you download will always vary so there is not definite calculation. It's just an average.

KarLos,

Someone has already asked for this to be changed in the order that it is currently in. Maybe, later on down the track, I will make it so that the positioning of the boxes can be customized by the user.

Shady

Post by Shady » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:41 pm

Actually, KarLos, you're right. I think that should stay at the top. I will rearrange it now.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:45 pm

VK wrote:So what happened to this suggestion:

http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28124
I use the Mini Exetel Usage meter http://home.exetel.com.au/amurgshere/mxtlusage.phtml gives a whole lot of info