Detailed Usage chart is saying I have 2am/2pm offpeak

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
sable

Re: Detailed Usage chart is saying I have 2am/2pm offpeak

Post by sable » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:19 am

I changed off peak to 0200-1400 in early May.

My plan deteil now shows peak correctly at as 2pm-2am.

off peak/peak times at the top of the Current Month's Usage table are still showing as 12-12 and the usage in that table is shown for those times.

However when I carry out a Customer Usage Query at the bottom of that page the times and usage are shown correctly.

user123

Post by user123 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Hi

I'm in a similar situation.

Last month, I changed my off-peak time to 2am-2pm. I was sent an email from Exetel that said that this new off-peak time would not be in effect until July 1st.
I checked my usage page at the beginning of this month to double check if my off-peak period had been changed to 2am-2pm, and it had not - it was still 12am-12pm.

Last night, I started downloading after 12am but in the morning, my usage had suddenly increased to 122%.
This would be impossible if my off-peak period was 12am-12pm, so I checked my usage page again. This time, it stated that my offpeak period was 2am-2pm.

So basically, this has caused me to exceed my usage, at no fault of my own. Could someone please look into this? Thanks.

unoimgr8st

Post by unoimgr8st » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:56 am

its happening with most of the users, and yet there is no outcome, i asked in forum, that want to get it reversed old offpeak timings, was advise that they will investigate total usage and let me know,

later on i received email from tech support, that it can now be done in members facilities and any changes will take effect from 1july...

one person says the other....

oohh!!! y do i need to go through all this trouble, it would have been easier to have this sorted on phone, then to wait for weeks in forums.

I'm very upset of it.....

ny help quicker would be appreciated..

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Patience is a virtue :D

I'll follow this up again when I get home.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

scottb721

Post by scottb721 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:05 am

Well it's Sat morning and my detailed usage is showing,
20/June/2009 OFFPEAK 2.72 MB 23.33 MB PEAK 1.12 MB 16.52 MB

This peak usage can only be from 0000hrs to 0200hrs. The PC was on but at idle.

I'll check between 1200 and 1400 to see what the Summary page says for what 'should' be an offpeak period.

I'll try a big D/L and see which counter goes up but goes by the PEAK usage that has already occured today it seems it's only the summary page in error, as Gidget first suggested.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:22 am

The Members Home page may still show "Peak", but it should be calculating Off Peak.

What matters is the "Detailed Usage" page, which *should* be based on the regular updates received from the routers for each connection.

unoimgr8st

Post by unoimgr8st » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:13 pm

hey, can anyone give an update of what has been happening of this issue, as my on peak data is going over my limit, and i would not like to be charged for the error.
:cry:

terrox

Post by terrox » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:50 pm

the page says 2am-2pm on my account, but I know it wont be working until July so I just assumed it was a known bug.

user123

Post by user123 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:59 pm

unoimgr8st wrote:hey, can anyone give an update of what has been happening of this issue, as my on peak data is going over my limit, and i would not like to be charged for the error.
:cry:
I am in the same position. :( I am worried about downloading anything because currently my usage is at 142%.

I called up a couple of days ago and was told that one of the staff would reply to my email after having fixed the problem, but that hasn't happened yet.

I would really appreciate it if someone could give us an update because I am getting more and more worried. Thank you.

unoimgr8st

Post by unoimgr8st » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:48 am

user123 wrote:I called up a couple of days ago and was told that one of the staff would reply to my email after having fixed the problem, but that hasn't happened yet.
i was told nearly the same thing and also i asked for the to cancel the change in timing for this month and was advise that they will calculate and get back to me.... and i received reply via email that i have to request this time change from members facilities, which will get active from next month.

So it means that I'm asking these guys for mango, and they say yes we have got apples.

Lollzz.. anyways now it seems I'm getting habit to be patience...

unoimgr8st

Post by unoimgr8st » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:25 am

"
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that if any changes has done to the your ADSL service, it will be effected from the first of coming month.

Regards,
I recv'd these email again today... now i'm getting frustrated....

what are these guys upto,, i really dont want to take it further... i had good experience with exetel except noww......

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:37 pm

Currently, your off peak period is 2am - 2pm, as a result of the change submitted 20/05/2009.
There is a request to change back to 12am - 12pm, which will take effect from July.

The 2am - 2pm period took effect from June 1, and your usage is calculated based on this.

terrox

Post by terrox » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:34 pm

wha? 2am-2pm peak is not in effect until July 1 according to the emails sent out.

JasonM

Post by JasonM » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:41 pm

If you selected it in May, it took effect in June.

If this has negatively impacted you, we can assess it on a case by case basis, but you should adjust any usage to match the current timings, based on your selections in May.

terrox

Post by terrox » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:08 pm

cool, I think it probably positively impacted me.