This is a Good usage meter works well with Exetel

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
eagle777

This is a Good usage meter works well with Exetel

Post by eagle777 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi

This is a Good usage meter to works with Exetel, l used to use it with optus now l am with exetel l use it as well works just fine, it runs near ur clock l am so used to it and like its look l tried others here in forums but still like this usage meter have a look hv a go with it and see for urself has no problems only thing is no supporting it anymore but u can get the source code and work with it, if u know what ur doing, gv it a go u might like it and if u good at working with source code work with it l am no good LOL.

One issue with this site is if u click to download it wont work UsageAgent 9.0.7.0 MSI FINAL what l did was drag the download link to flashget and it worked http://usageagent.sourceforge.net/
http://usageagent.sourceforge.net/download.htm

Tell me what u think it lets u put in all ur info for downloads and stuff for peak and offpeak days elapsed and so on.
Attachments
UAIcon.png
UAIcon.png (9.88 KiB) Viewed 10170 times

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: This is a Good usage meter works well with Exetel

Post by jokiin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:35 pm

Did you look at the source code? Mr Cable certainly had his work cut out by using VB. It's good to be able to add another Exetel meter to the list available, in the hope that there's one to suit everybody.

vk3xem

Post by vk3xem » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:20 pm

Firefox users can't go past Net Usage Item. I am watching three accounts at the top of my browser, at a glance I know exactly what has been used and if I hover the mouse pointer over them I get all the details.
The views I present are that of my own and NOT of any organisation I may belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:00 pm

vk3xem wrote:Firefox users can't go past Net Usage Item.
Ditto :D I'm watching the maximum 4 accounts at the moment.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Not a condemnation, but a worry - http://usageagent.sourceforge.net/faq.htm - there is a similar message in the included file WhatsNew.rtf.

exetel.vb reads the user facility (which changes format) rather than using XPath with the xml meter. Users will have to be willing to code to make this work.

happyyan888

Post by happyyan888 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56 pm

Hi guys, i used UsageAgent9.0.7.0 for exetel, but the ISP time are keep in the 2:20PM any one know why?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:25 pm

happyyan, look at the source, in exetel.vb. This application scrapes the User Facility, and is potentially broken every time Exetel alters the home page. It was last updated by the author in 2009 - see his note in WhatsNew.rtf.

The better way is to parse the XML page, as other meters do.

happyyan888

Post by happyyan888 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:24 am

Dazzled wrote:happyyan, look at the source, in exetel.vb. This application scrapes the User Facility, and is potentially broken every time Exetel alters the home page. It was last updated by the author in 2009 - see his note in WhatsNew.rtf.

The better way is to parse the XML page, as other meters do.
Thank You, i will try it

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 am

dleonard0 posted here a usage widget for Android. This is very much a worthwhile subject for a new thread, so I have split it off to it's own location. See viewtopic.php?f=303&t=37601

jenkos

Post by jenkos » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Hi,

I've been using "NetUsage" in Firefox, which I'll still keep for total usage. As well as the fact it's displayed where you're surfing.

Just yesterday I installed this:

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

It was more out of interest: to see different usages by the PCs on my network. The program is able communicate with the other/s on the network so you can monitor all from any PC. LAN usage can be unmonitored, so only ADSL is counted. Password protectable to stop accidently clearing data or exiting it.

Did i mention it's free?

jenkos.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:35 pm

I've referred Windows users to Networx previously in the forum, so that they can catch up to the facilities Linux users take for granted. Net Meter and NetMeter are other related Windows tools to look up. What they can't do is measure the line traffic, which is recorded by Exetel's Linux installation at the other end. A properly written usage meter will parse the XML feed updated every 20 minutes or so by Exetel at https://www.exetel.com.au/members/usagemeter_xml.php

an Sealgair

Post by an Sealgair » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:50 pm

vk3xem wrote:Firefox users can't go past Net Usage Item. I am watching three accounts at the top of my browser, at a glance I know exactly what has been used and if I hover the mouse pointer over them I get all the details.
I can report that the "Experimental Chrome Version" from that site mostly works in Google Chrome - the essential info is there and accurate, but it gives off-peak usage even though my plan isn't divided between peak and off-peak! Where it gets that info from is a mystery, as it doesn't exist. The off-peak is set to the default, between 12 midnight and 12 midnight....

But the main usage is there and matches the detailed view in Exetel's Member Facilities. The usage appears more clearly when you hover your mouse over it - there seems to be no way to make the meter bigger in Chrome. But click on it and the rest of the info appears.

It reports my speed shaping status as NO when my plan definitely does have shaping to 1024/384 kbps.

Overall though, it's OK, with the rest of the info seemingly accurate, including a handy (for some) reminder of your public IP address.

shinryoku

Post by shinryoku » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Now the billing period starts on the 14 of each month, the usage in my account have reset, but in Firefox Net Usage it is still showing usage prior to 13 Jul. I have set Start Day of Month to "14".

Anyone getting their NetUsage displaying their post 14 Jul usage correctly?

an Sealgair

Post by an Sealgair » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:50 pm

Had a problem with the Experimental Chrome Version (http://netusage.iau5.com/) in the past month or two - "A parsing error occurred (S2)"

I followed advice from other users at the Chrome Web Store, to simply retype my info into the Preferences/options page and then update usage. It worked and all is well again.