Are new feature suggestions welcome?

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
frugalest

Are new feature suggestions welcome?

Post by frugalest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:27 am

I've noticed much confusion about unlimited off peak downloads. I want to be sure I follow the acceptable use policy. But after reading it several times I'm still confused. I'm on a FPB1 plan with unlimited off peak downloads. Sales staff say unlimited off peak means precisely that. But the aup says three times the average user is unfair.

I choose to believe the aup but that leaves me with a problem. How do I know what everyone else is downloading before they do, so I can keep below it.

I'm sure someone here understands the aup & dload limit. So it would be great to use that number to know when I'm approaching an unacceptable number of dloads. I'm also sure more than a few of us would love this to be part of the usage meter. It would help us to always stay within the acceptable dload limit. I think this would help exetel in the end too.

Is it a possibility for a future version please?

dbr

Re: Are new feature suggestions welcome?

Post by dbr » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:04 am

The AUP refers to the 3x average for the "No Charge" plans. There are only a few left. The Unlimited=No Limit are not the same.

The No Charge plans had the limit in the member area for those on them ~90GB this month.
http://www.saferoz.com.au
First Aid * Fire * Safety

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:05 am

Bookmark this thread...
http://forum.exetel.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=219&t=35865
and you can check what the no-charge limit is for each month.

frugalest

Post by frugalest » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Thanks. If it couldn't be an automatic feature, maybe then allow users to enter it manually? That way people could check that page link posted above and enter that "limit" in the software each month. Then a quick glance at the usage meter reassures you are under it.

Just a thought.