New Residential Members Facilities

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
melanieb
Exetel Staff

New Residential Members Facilities

Post by melanieb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:30 am

Dear All,

We are currently developing a new members facilities for Exetel's Residential Services.

We would like to introduce you to this work in progress for the purpose of your feedback, but we are not interested in being advised about pages that are not working yet.
What we would like, is your feedback on the functionality of the menus, comments/suggestions on the new layout and whether you like/dislike the look and feel of the whole portal.

Using the below link you are able to log in to the portal using your Exetel Username and Password from your current account.

https://www.exetel.com.au/members_alt/index.php

Regards,
Melanie

jcd

Re: New Residential Members Facilities

Post by jcd » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

I've just had a quick look at the new site and compared it to the existing site by looking at my plan details but I find they report slightly different information regarding my Off Peak downloads. I'm on the Z/20INCTEL plan and the existing site reports the following :- OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): Unlimited whereas the new site reports :- OffPeak Download Limit (Mbyte): No Charge
Is the new site using an old copy of the user database for testing ? Because it should at least report the same information as the existing site, even if it looks different.

Bye Jeff.

sevusal

Post by sevusal » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:23 am

i just had a quick look. in the new user facility i can not see how much of my cap mobile calls and data usage i have used so far. it shows the current uncharge amt but doesn't show the progress bar

madman587587

Post by madman587587 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:29 am

I had a quick glance at the new members facilities and I'd just like to say they look really clean and smooth.
The menu's are a lot easier to navigate and the dark blue theme fits in really nice

andcorp

Post by andcorp » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:31 am

Look good, nice and clean. I know alot of the functionality is not complete yet, but so far it seems a good step ahead.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am

Just had a look, doesn't look anywhere near as comprehensive as the current one.
What we have now is ok, it works, I just don't understand the need for constantly changing things!

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:37 am

Looks nice, though it comes up as more of a dark grey for me. I'd say it is probably a little too dark actually and that the tabs and left side navigation should be lightened. I think the general colour scheme / style of the previous design is better, but the layout and menu grouping of this new design is better

The "Change" and "Move" services are under "plan and entitlements", which seems a little non-intuitive to me. In fact, ADSL plan details are already under "My Services" and this seem the more logical place.

One strange thing is how the root level menus seem clickable, but aren't. Only "Home" and "Logout" actually navigate anywhere. The others are links to the dummy href "#". I would think a console type page for each would be beneficial (for instance, under "My services" it would list all your services which you can then click to get to the "ADSL service" or "Wireless service" sub-page. "My Usage" could show progress bar type views for all services, with "click here" to go to the detailed view for a particular service, etc)
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:39 am

Tazz wrote:I just don't understand the need for constantly changing things!
What the new design does is group things nicer into "My" categories (Details, Invoices, Services, Usage, Difference). The previous design suffered a little from a long left hand menu list
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

sedaai

Post by sedaai » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 am

Hi,

I quite like the new look, a couple of suggestions I do have;

- Change My Difference to something a little more obvious, for example My Contributions
- When selecting My Services only allow the user to view what services they do have (For example if they don't have a wireline or hosting services these would be omitted), this could also apply for My Usage and Support
- Under My Details change Bank Details to something like Payment details (For me Bank Details refers to Direct Debit payment information and not Credit Card)

Have you considered developing a mobile portal for those users who wish to access information/order services on the fly?

Cheers.

foziebear69

Post by foziebear69 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:53 am

New design is slick and nice, but would be nice to have a faq section on each of the tabs as well, would certainly help newbies who dont know how to use to forum,
also notice you have links for service problems but no links for billing problems
there are no company contact numbers on the user pages,
also the colour of the new pages is HORRIBLE and DEPRESSING
is there a way that you can add a colour spread so that users can choose what colours they want the pages to come up in
also is it possible to have top tabs instead of side tabs (like google chrome )
lets make it interactive so customers can choose what they want to see MYExetel home page(like google chrome )
but all over info not chosen for the customers home page would auto go to a tab, so it was available but not viewed on the front page
Also there is no need for a usage graph for the past 12 months on the home page, it could be replaced with a link, keep the current month usage and details but have an archive page for the rest, an archive page could be kept for both billing and usage on the one page
Ive also just gone thru all of the tabs and there is no link anywhere to any customer service, faults or billing phone numbers
whilst i appreciate you try to do everything over the web and thru the forums database, sometimes people want to talk to people

thats my two bobs worth

Foz

thomashouseman

Post by thomashouseman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:56 am

I like the new colours Grey/blue > orange :)
The new left hand menu is much less cluttered. Good move there. I think you're on the right track :)

IanRussell

Post by IanRussell » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 am

Just had a quick look, I couldn't find a place where I could enter address book phone numbers for my VoIP service.

Looks good

Personal preference for me would be to display the 'VoIP Meter' before the 'Network/Connection Problems?' box.

bigb

Post by bigb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 am

Hi,

Only comments about cosmetics:

Highlight the tab that is currently active, and the Heading of the tab's page should be identical to the tab's text.
I.E. MyServices->ADSL has the following tabs:
# My ADSL Plan
# Change Service
# Move Service
# Cancel Service
# Status of Change
The "Change Service" tab has a heading "Change Plan".

Also, when a selection is made from the menu down the left hand side, high light the main item when a selection is made.
I.E. If I select Mysevices->ADSL, then "My Services" should be highlighted.

These are minor things, but will go a long way with intuitive navigation of the page.

Thanks.
BigB

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
Tazz wrote:I just don't understand the need for constantly changing things!
What the new design does is group things nicer into "My" categories (Details, Invoices, Services, Usage, Difference). The previous design suffered a little from a long left hand menu list
I do realise there may be good reasons for it, but I'm in my 60's and once I get used to something I don't like it changing....:(

TheSchmuck

Post by TheSchmuck » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi there,

just took a quick look - and it's looking good. I like that there are less options / clutter staring you at the face after logging in.

On that note though, it would be nice if the "my services" menu only showed services that were applicable to the user logged in. For example, I don't have a Wireless Broadband account, so it would be nice if that option wasn't there.

Just a small thing - but every little thing helps.

Keep up the good work.