New Residential Members Facilities

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
ashlan

Re: New Residential Members Facilities

Post by ashlan » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:11 pm

The new layout looks a lot cleaner, much easier to navigate. Great job so far.
Perth WA · ADSL1 8192/384 · Netgear DGN220v3
WWW: Ashlan Nathens · scribblegraph
GPlus: +Ashlan Nathens · +scribblegraph

mycle

Post by mycle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:13 pm

It would be nice if it were possible to manage all services from one login - eg. if I want to change Global roaming or other things for my 2 HSPA accounts I have to specifically log into each of them while I need to log into the ADSL2 account for the ADSL2 related things. I would prefer it if I could manage everything with just one login.

Thanks
Mycle.

phar4oh

Post by phar4oh » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:23 pm

the UI is seksy. It will take some time to get used to it because some of the menus have been moved around, but... it looks niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike.....

ChRiSoIsOnLiNe

Post by ChRiSoIsOnLiNe » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi i like the new members area but i have a question ... why does it constantly ask me about security on the pages as i browse and on every tab... is there a security setting in IE8 that i need to change ...the old members page had flash and i never had a problem .. thanks in advance :-)

adrianlambert

Post by adrianlambert » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 pm

Nice and straightforward. Like it.
Can't see a menu for the free webspace. Has that been removed?

stevieb

Post by stevieb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:29 pm

A lot less cluttered and more intuitive. Colours are good on my screen. The ADSL Usage Details page could benefit from a BACK button up the top. In fact I like that feature on every page, but I can understand that it's fallen out favour these days as most people seem to use their browser's back/forward buttons. Not essential, I suppose. The ADSL Usage Details page could do with a makeover in line with the rest of the proposed design to make it more consistent. Any makeover needs to be consistent throughout, in my book. And anything to simplify and declutter a website makes my viewing experience a much happier one.
Last edited by stevieb on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VK

Post by VK » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Looks good. Few random suggestions, feel free to ignore them

Glad to see the flash intro gone.

Replace "To check on the progress of a fault ticket, click here." with "You have no opened fault tickets" or "You have 7 opened fault tickets, to check their progress click here".

Please dont ask us to log in again to helpdesk.exetel.com.au when we click on "To log a new Fault Ticket, please click here."

Let us enable/disable the display of the "Last 12 Months Usage Summary" graph. Its generation seems to take some time.

My Details->Plan and Entitlements - if the plan is still active but not on offer any longer make it easier to compare with the current plans on offer. Perhaps add extra few columns for a few similar plans. You can even throw in a quick "Switch to" button.

Can we have an annual summary of all invoices? I don't want to print them individually but I still want to leave a paper copy in the tax return.

My Usage -> Mobile. Please don't make me click an extra button if I have only one mobile number.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

zaxapod

Post by zaxapod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 pm

I can't log into it at all - using the same username and password as always - works fine on the old one, but just goes back to the login screen again when I try the new one.

I'm not on an exetel connection at the moment, is that the problem? I've tried different browsers, definitely using the same username and password, but the new one just won't let me in.

flabdablet

Post by flabdablet » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Overall look and feel is good. However, I'm also a bit concerned about the "No Charge" vs "No Limit" thing. Which one truly applies to my FP-D2 plan? Because if it's "no charge", and I am in fact supposed to be keeping inside an 86GB off-peak limit this month, I'm going to need to throttle my monstrous 246GB front-of-train video torrent (fellow train video fetishists: google "bergensbanen") before it blows me up (it's already used 66GB and it's only been running for a few days).

patient

Post by patient » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:55 pm

It looks nice and clean.

If possible could you have the cursor activated over the 'login' button when we bring up exetel. That way i can just push the enter/return key on my keyboard rather than needing to navigate with my mouse and clicking. I know that is terribly lazy ... :)

If possible could you give us the option of one address book for sms/voip etc

cheers

chrisphillips73

Post by chrisphillips73 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Tazz wrote:
CoreyPlover wrote:
Tazz wrote:I just don't understand the need for constantly changing things!
What the new design does is group things nicer into "My" categories (Details, Invoices, Services, Usage, Difference). The previous design suffered a little from a long left hand menu list
I do realise there may be good reasons for it, but I'm in my 60's and once I get used to something I don't like it changing....:(
I'm in my 30s and once I get used to something I don't like it changing either...

Oh, fear I am in the minority, but I actually prefer the existing 'long menu'. I find the old menu design much simpler to use and navigate. The new menu requires click and move mouse right and left, where as the old menu was simply click and up and down to navigate.... Just seems more usable to me the way it was. Also, at least in my view, there are plenty of other more important things that exetel could fix with the user portal rather than fluffing around with this. Sorry if this is too negative for some.

antoniov

Post by antoniov » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

It is a little cleaner, however on the whole the content is just as confusing. I am not interested or concerned with colours, themes and java menus; as long as they work.

The content is what requires improvements.
I would suggest you use / or include 24 hour clock times; 12pm to 12 am for odd peak time labeling can be confusing.
Also there appears to be ambiguity with so many different asdl inclusions and whether any of the new extras are given to loyal long term customers. New plans show extra downloads charged at 0.50c / GB where as my plan shows I am still penalized at $3/GB.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:29 pm

I'm happy with the way it is, it works quite ok.
Last edited by Tazz on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fredpauling

Post by fredpauling » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:45 pm

The old left-hand menu was awful, the new one is much easier to navigate.
I vote you keep the new interface design.

Paul35

Post by Paul35 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

it looks alot better then the old layout completely, menus are easy to figure out and look very well done indeed. certainly like this new design over the old one. keep up the good work.
To many dam People worry to bloody much about little things