New Residential Members Facilities

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Mixer

Re: New Residential Members Facilities

Post by Mixer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Fantastic. Much cleaner interface and very intuitive.
I find it easier to navigate with the right side sub menu, a lot slicker than the older version.
Being colour blind I like the dark colours the text seems easier to read and just looks good.
Not having to scroll down as much is a big improvement.
Thanks for the ongoing developments. I love change.
RAND-NBN50- ZTE H268A

cubic

Post by cubic » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:59 pm

I like it. Colours are always going to be a matter of taste but I find the greys and subtle backgrounds a lot more stylish. The menus seem a lot more logical now too, and as pure CSS they don't require users to enable javascript - much better. A few suggestions:
  • Add a 'site map' page of links to all pages. Even if the menus are totally logical to one person, another will find them hard to navigate.
  • Home page seems to take a long time to load. IDK if this is just a temporary thing but if not, try to speed it up (perhaps move some usage information out to sub-pages)
  • Some of the content (images / CSS?) is being served without SSL - it'll cause browser warnings
HTH
...the term 'Future Perfect' has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be - Douglas Adams

Col

Post by Col » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:26 pm

It's looking much better imo. I would move a few tabs into sub-menus (like Login Details into Detail's sub-menu, and Financial Reports into Contribute's sub-menu) and then remove the Make/Change A Donation tab and the Tax Exemption Certificates tab (as there is a button for that on the Financial Reports page) from the Fauna/Flora Protection section.

jaseparlo

Post by jaseparlo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:38 pm

I like the layout, didn't have much trouble finding the things I tend to use.

Technical issue - Using Internet Explorer 8 (for testing purposes only! :P) I get the attached warning about some content being unsecured EVERY TIME I CLICK! That's pretty annoying!
warning.jpg
warning.jpg (29.22 KiB) Viewed 2712 times

brumer

Post by brumer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Someone please clarify EXACTLY which username & password I need to use as I'm not the only one who can't see it.

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:51 pm

the same username and password you use to log into your current adsl members facilities - that is if you have one.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:21 pm

Please Exetel, can you now validate the syntax for this new start? I appreciate that at the moment the page has picked up code from the old page, but it has no less than 65 xhtml coding errors - mostly little slips that common browsers recognise, but trivially fixed and it might prevent a lot of trouble. It is not as if professional development tools can't help, and a web-based company should make the small effort.

Edit: Re syntax - Epiphany cannot display the graph at https://www.exetel.com.au/members_alt/usage_image_w.php. I'll try a range of browsers later.

onlyme

Post by onlyme » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:32 pm

It looks good - definitely easier to navigate.

thecraw

Post by thecraw » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:39 pm

Great improvement :)

I noticed a few suggestion boxes I hadn't got a reply from have turned up in the new design which I was stoked to see.

Some nice little additions which have really improved it.

Well done to whomever was involved.

thecraw

buzztone

Post by buzztone » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:45 pm

The new look is a big improvement on the old design which is really very clunky. I think the old design reflects badly on your business and a major change like this is well overdue.

The top menus look sharp except for the Shortcuts icon which still looks out of place. The new side menu will take a bit of getting used to and it might be hard to find familiar things initially but the old design is just way too cluttered so it had to change. Expect lots of complaints in the short term from people who dislike change but the pain should be well worth the gain that comes from a fresh reorganisation of this menu.

adzinets

Post by adzinets » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:01 pm

It's probably out of scope - but it would be nice to have the HSPA data usage on the home page.

zaxapod

Post by zaxapod » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:33 pm

melanieb wrote:the same username and password you use to log into your current adsl members facilities - that is if you have one.
Is this only for ADSL then? I have a HSPA account and it won't let me log in at all.
Will the new user pages be for HSPA users too at some point?

johnnygamer

Post by johnnygamer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:01 pm

The menus for the new members facilities DON'T work using MSIE6.

The menus work fine on the current user facilities using MSIE6.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:16 pm

It doesn't look too hot on Lynx either, and that's current software. How far back should a deprecated browser be fully supported with non-standard code in 2010, even if it is still widely used?

It's shambolic in Dillo. Should we go that simple?

Bumblegrum

Post by Bumblegrum » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:29 pm

Guys,

Love the new layout and information availability BUT as mentioned in previous posts, is it possible to limit the information provided to that which is applicable to each user account? Extraneous information only clutters up the system ad tends to confuse.

Perhaps you could advertise other available services/facilities after the "essential" data was displayed?

Cheers
Brian