New Residential Members Facilities

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
dob80z

Re: New Residential Members Facilities

Post by dob80z » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:40 pm

onlyme wrote:It looks good - definitely easier to navigate.
Definately agree -- much quicker to find the right 'click' to choose.

Well done !!

Mixer

Post by Mixer » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:42 pm

The development of the drop down options for Support Questions + Billing Questions is much improved.
Perhaps its time to amalgamate the 'To log a new Fault Ticket' and 'To check on the progress of a fault ticket' into one link.
RAND-NF/20INCTEL-Draytek 2710vn

sable

Post by sable » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 pm

Bumblegrum wrote:Guys,

Love the new layout and information availability BUT as mentioned in previous posts, is it possible to limit the information provided to that which is applicable to each user account? Extraneous information only clutters up the system ad tends to confuse.

Perhaps you could advertise other available services/facilities after the "essential" data was displayed?

Cheers
Brian
If the choices were limited to only those services that you are currently subsribed to you would not be able to order any new services as you will not see them!

vkrickles

Post by vkrickles » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Guys
Have had a quick look at the new user facilities site. I rather like it!
The colour scheme is nice and information is grouped to help in navigation.
I think I prefer it to the exisiting site.
Well done so far guys!

Col

Post by Col » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:02 pm

sable wrote:
Bumblegrum wrote:Guys,

Love the new layout and information availability BUT as mentioned in previous posts, is it possible to limit the information provided to that which is applicable to each user account? Extraneous information only clutters up the system ad tends to confuse.

Perhaps you could advertise other available services/facilities after the "essential" data was displayed?

Cheers
Brian
If the choices were limited to only those services that you are currently subsribed to you would not be able to order any new services as you will not see them!
Keep all services in the "Order Services" menu, but only show the ones applicable to the customer in "Services"?

Mort

Post by Mort » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:43 pm

Looks good, works well for me. IE8 on Win7.

I agree with other posters on the colour. It is a bit dark and gloomy. Perhaps something more in line with the "sky and clouds" you have on the main page, or even better give the user an option to pick what colour they want :)
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

sable

Post by sable » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:22 am

Keep all services in the "Order Services" menu, but only show the ones applicable to the customer in "Services"?
Ah, missed the Order Services menu.

Agree, Services should only show those one is subsribed to.

sable

Post by sable » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:33 pm

jaseparlo wrote:I like the layout, didn't have much trouble finding the things I tend to use.

Technical issue - Using Internet Explorer 8 (for testing purposes only! :P) I get the attached warning about some content being unsecured EVERY TIME I CLICK! That's pretty annoying!
warning.jpg
This is called mixed content

To fix see here http://www.labnol.org/software/ie-secur ... tes/13388/

Note
The mixed content issue can only be fixed by the web developer, you are only suppressing the warning in the browser.

peteru

Post by peteru » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Can you please ensure that the site is still usable when using a browser without JavaScript? Thanks.

pegi

Post by pegi » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:48 pm

I don't see the need for the constant changes.

What was wrong with the "old" look? I think it was much better than the new one. More getting used to, more trying to find things out, more this, more that. Brrrrrr ! it is such a hassle. Please keep it simple! The mind is already overloaded.

The new one looks sleek but not as comprehensive.
Here you have it form another member.

Pegi
"Trying is better than doing nothing"

scarecrow

Post by scarecrow » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:23 pm

Cool, crisp, clean with great theme colours. Easier to navigate. Keep going

johnnygamer

Post by johnnygamer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Dazzled wrote:It doesn't look too hot on Lynx either, and that's current software. How far back should a deprecated browser be fully supported with non-standard code in 2010, even if it is still widely used?
The existing menu is working fine, it automatically expands when you hover your mouse over it.

Why can't they use the same code for the menu on the new members facilities?

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:24 pm

johnnygamer, they could cater for obsolete browsers that deliberately flout standards, but how far back should they go? Let IE6 (from 2001) fade away. It is better to move on to compliant coding. MS is moving that way. I am much more concerned with numerous coding errors that have the potential to be misrepresented by up-to-date browsers.

rm1946

Post by rm1946 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:11 am

Having trouble with the new site. I can not open any thing in the left column, no trouble with old members facility

edit ok in firefox but not IE7

Old Flame

Post by Old Flame » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Just had a look and while it looks slick I noticed that in all areas my offpeak is listed as No Charge, when it should read unlimited and still does in the old system.