Contract End Date

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
LHVWB

Contract End Date

Post by LHVWB » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:36 pm

jubba wrote:
ForumAdmin wrote:
LHVWB wrote:Would moving from NF/21INCTEL to Z/20IncTel or Z/21IncTel, require a new contract period?

Previously I have never had a new contract period from moving plans, I just want to make sure that it won't happen.
Yes it would.
On the plan change form all it says
I agree to new 12 months contact if I apply to change to plan FP-D1 or FP-D2.
Previously I have had the same notice when changing plans, but no mention of the contract period or when it started/ended in the members area. Does the "Your ADSL Account Plan Details" area show the current contract or the first contract? It would be extremely useful if it actually showed the contract for the current plan (even more useful if it showed all the contract start and end dates).

I only changed to the NF/21INCTEL plan a few months ago, so I am probably still on a 12 month contract (I can't remember if it had one or not), it would be nice if the members area told me the contract end date of my current plan (and preferably all plans), not just of the oldest plan.

Sorry, that is going off-topic I guess, feel free to split this into another topic if you want, or I can repost this elsewhere.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Contract End Date

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed May 05, 2010 11:46 am

LHVWB wrote:I only changed to the NF/21INCTEL plan a few months ago, so I am probably still on a 12 month contract (I can't remember if it had one or not), it would be nice if the members area told me the contract end date of my current plan (and preferably all plans), not just of the oldest plan.
My understanding is that it shows the current contract end date. Technically, you only ever have the one contract per service and this would get extended if you switched infrastructure, or moved to a FP-D1 or FP-D2 plan. Otherwise, my understanding is that your old contract continues, unchanged.

Contrary to ForumAdmin's comments, I always thought that moving from INCTEL to Z/IncTel did not restart your contract. If you are now on the Z/IncTel and your user facilities shows the contract end date unchanged, that supports my understanding of things.

If you are still concerned about your contract end date you can email billing@exetel.com.au
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au