SMS phone number verification

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Baldrick

SMS phone number verification

Post by Baldrick » Mon May 24, 2010 2:46 pm

I wanted to send a quick sms to some people last Friday & so decided to use Exetel sms. Since last time I used it, a phone number verification process has been introduced, so I used my main mobile contact number to get the verification. It is now Monday & I am still waiting for any sms from exetel with verification code or anything else & to resend, Exetel will charge me.
Is there a problem with this Sms service?

William M

Re: SMS phone number verification

Post by William M » Tue May 25, 2010 9:02 am

Hi,

I've resent the verification code you have entered so that you avoid the $0.05 charge to resend. The previous message could not be delivered as the handset was not available for delivery.

Cheers Will

Baldrick

Re: SMS phone number verification

Post by Baldrick » Tue May 25, 2010 1:49 pm

William M wrote:Hi,
The previous message could not be delivered as the handset was not available for delivery.

Cheers Will
Thanks for that William M. I had just assumed if there was a failure such as this, the message would go into a resend buffer in the exetel servers or my Tel$tra services for a few days at least before it was discarded as undeliverable.
( It is quite common with some of my previous Tel$tra mobiles for them to get messages up to 2 days after they were initially sent, on both sms & message bank... )