VoIP account carries over to new Naked plans (ONA)?

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
stahmoy

VoIP account carries over to new Naked plans (ONA)?

Post by stahmoy » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 pm

I'm currently on an old Naked plan (NF/21NOTEL) and have a VoIP account with a DID number included ($0 credit).
Could Exetel please clarify whether changing to the new Naked plans (like the $40 ONA) would allow me to keep the VoIP account as before. I ask this because in the past I have changed plans and lost features that I used regularly, such as the free VoIP calls and free SMSs that I had when I first signed up.

Also, it's a bit unclear whether 2am-8am is offpeak and untimed because the plan change facility doesn't have a separate column in the table showing unlimited downloads; instead it's shown only with an asterisk near the bottom part of the page, and only states offpeak downloads commence in June 2010 (with no corresponding end date provided).

Thank you.

-Thomas

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: VoIP account carries over to new Naked plans (ONA)?

Post by Dazzled » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:39 pm

I am not on a naked plan, but I've changed ADSL1 & 2 plans before (including losing the free calls) and my VoIP account has always come along too.

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:00 am

I changed from a Naked plan to an ON plan, and the VoIP DID I have still works, so I assume it carries over. :)

stahmoy

Post by stahmoy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks for the responses so far (Dazzled, Klaas). I assume VoIP carries over then.
Would you also have the off-peak unlimited download from 2-8am?

I recall that an e-mail from an Exetel staff about 1 month ago suggested that future plans would not have off peak download and usage would be entirely on a pay-per-use basis.

Cheers,
Thomas

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:35 am

stahmoy wrote:Thanks for the responses so far (Dazzled, Klaas). I assume VoIP carries over then.
Would you also have the off-peak unlimited download from 2-8am?

I recall that an e-mail from an Exetel staff about 1 month ago suggested that future plans would not have off peak download and usage would be entirely on a pay-per-use basis.

Cheers,
Thomas
No I don't have unlimited from 2am to 8am - I have unmetered from 2am to 8am, which is no doubt conditional to the terms and conditions applicable.

stahmoy

Post by stahmoy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Klaas wrote: No I don't have unlimited from 2am to 8am - I have unmetered from 2am to 8am, which is no doubt conditional to the terms and conditions applicable.
I'm not sure what you mean by unmetered. Do you mean that once you go over your allowed download quota, your speed is not reduced during 2-8am but is reduced or 'metered' from 8am-2am?)

On the Exetel ADSL website it states that downloads 2-8am are "No Charge" which I interpreted as not counting towards the plan's given quota. So my understanding is, for example, on the ONA plan you can download 10GB from 8am-2am (peak), and as much as you like during 2am-8am. Once you go over the 10GB during peak, you pay $0.5 per GB, OR you have speed limited during the peak (and offpeak?) hours, which is the default option.

See: http://www.exetel.com.au/a_plan_pricing_adsl2_nf.php

I'd appreciate if great if both Klaas and an Exetel staff could clarify this. Thanks!

Thomas

stahmoy

Post by stahmoy » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:49 pm

I just wanted to add that the Exetel Members Facilities "Change plan" page states this at the bottom of the page:

* Downloads between 2 am and 8 am do not count towards your included plan allowance from 1st June 2010

This is not as clear as the table view that is shown on Exetel's public webpages... but I'm assuming unlimited downloads between 2-8am.

Cheers

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:20 am

stahmoy wrote: * Downloads between 2 am and 8 am do not count towards your included plan allowance from 1st June 2010
That's what I meant by unmetered. There is no effect on speeds (at least, I've never noticed any), and anything you download during this period does not count towards your quota. Whether or not this translates to "unlimited" is up to you - I'd recommend checking the terms and conditions.