Plan change to AAA: immediate move to unshaped?

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Pyotr

Plan change to AAA: immediate move to unshaped?

Post by Pyotr » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:14 pm

(ticket ID: 3057348)
I am having a little trouble getting my new AAA plan onto unshaped status.

On 30 July I requested via user facilities a move from an earlier BYO plan (AAPT infrastructure) to plan AAA (10Gb). I also requested on 30 July in an email to residentialsupport that when the change took effect on 1 August the 'unshaping' option immediately commence (where I pay 50 cents per GB in excess of 10 Gb). This was in line with Exetel's advice I had received by phone the same day. I received an email back from residential support saying 'we will be able to change the shaping option once the service is activated".

The plan change to AAA went through in the early hours of 1 August but when later on 1 August there had been no change to shaping status, I requested the change to unshaped online in user facilities. The request is showing as registered at 940am 1st August but as of today 3 August remains as pending, with a message on the screen indicating "YOUR SELECTION IS NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL THE FIRST OF NEXT CALENDAR MONTH".

I think the ticket is now closed and I am not sure what else I could have done to get the unshaping active from 1 August. Can I please have some assistance on this to have sunshaping activated now?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Plan change to AAA: immediate move to unshaped?

Post by CoreyPlover » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 am

Pyotr wrote:I am not sure what else I could have done to get the unshaping active from 1 August.
I don't think you could have done anything to get it unshaped immediately.

The process currently seems to be to activate an ADSL service, and once activated, place a request to move to unshaped at the start of the next month.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au