Feedback For New Business Members

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Shady

Feedback For New Business Members

Post by Shady » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:11 pm

To our 'Business Customers',

Please post your feedback here. Thank you.

Moleman

Re: Feedback For New Business Members

Post by Moleman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:00 pm

Well, overall I am happy with my Exetel business account. There are however a few problems.

In the Members Facilities, the only plan that is available to me to change to is the plan I am currently on - B13. There is another plan available and that is the B20 plan.

There is also problems in who is to deal with my account. I ring to make enquiries and get diverted from the normal overseas call centre to the business support centre. The business support centre then transfer me again. This has been an issue for the duration of my connection with Exetel. It seems I am not spending enough money to entitle me to business support, while residential support seems to think I should be talking to business.

I receive newsletters saying that there are changes being applied to "all out of contract customers". I sought clarification through this forum and was told that it didn't apply to me. I then received an email saying that it did apply to me, then a couple of days later another saying it didn't.

I am not complaining but think that some things need to be fixed with the difference between residential and business and the delegation of who deals with what as it is frustrating to be bounced back and forth and wonder if I am receiving correct information.

I am currently considering the OCV200 plan that was offered to me by email but don't feel like going through the process of calling to find out if I can keep my public IP block with this plan. (I am willing to pay more to keep the block)

It would be good if Exetel could sort out these issues as the Members Facility for Business Accounts seems half completed.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Moleman wrote:
I am currently considering the OCV200 plan that was offered to me by email but don't feel like going through the process of calling to find out if I can keep my public IP block with this plan. (I am willing to pay more to keep the block)
not sure if it relates to your particular question but has been mentioned previously when asked by customers changing from other Optus based plans to the OCV plans that there is no change of IP address, certainly doesn't hurt to double check though if it will otherwise break something

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks jokiin.

I am having trouble finding any info (other than the faq) on the OCV plans. I think they are residential, and if so, probably won't include the IP block. I did ring the other day to enquire about the B20 account (200GB $103/month) but that requires a telephone to be reconnected. I can't find any info on the costs associated with the telephone line and don't want to go back to regular PSTN with another carrier with line rental, etc.

Unfortunately though, due to the bandwidth requirements of today 60GB is starting to not cut it anymore.

I plan to backup my servers, which I just recently moved to a virtual machine in a data centre, and at 1.6GB per day x 30 days, I am looking at close to quota for just that.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 pm

yeah definitely be better to clarify about your IP block, if you have any trouble getting things confirmed let us know and I'll see if I can get someone to follow up for you to make sure any change you request doesn't suffer any glitches, it's the out of the ordinary stuff that sometimes catches people off guard so perhaps best to follow up with a phone call just to be sure

I know what you mean about data, I don't think I do anything different to what I was doing a year ago and the usage just keeps creeping upwards, service packs, updates etc just seem to keep growing all the time