usage meter

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Shrude

usage meter

Post by Shrude » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:12 am

Hi Gang

I recently changed to the T8192-U plan and wish to continue using the Mini Usage Meter.
When i go to 'options' and set my peak and offpeak to say 100gb for each..
there is a notice there:
Because you have an UNLIMITED account your offpeak period is between the hours of 7pm – 7am. You will be charged for every Gigabyte you download during this time. Set this value to a respectable value for the maximum cost you would like to incur
what does this mean?

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: usage meter

Post by CoreyPlover » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Which "mini usage meter" do you mean? I think you mean the Toids one, which is a third party developed application that simply hinges off the XML or HTML usage meter pages, meaning that it is unsupported by Exetel directly. It sounds like it is misinterpretting your plan as a business ADSL plan, which has off-peak of 7-7.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: usage meter

Post by jokiin » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:03 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:Which "mini usage meter" do you mean? I think you mean the Toids one, which is a third party developed application that simply hinges off the XML or HTML usage meter pages, meaning that it is unsupported by Exetel directly. It sounds like it is misinterpretting your plan as a business ADSL plan, which has off-peak of 7-7.
actually I think there is an error somewhere on Exetel's side, I reported it Jason yesterday and he is having someone look into it, I'm on the same plan, if you look in the member facilities it shows off peak as unlimited and shows peak as 0gb included, $1 per GB like a PAYU plan would be, the info presented in Toids usage meter is just picking up this incorrect data by the looks of things