Usage Meter for Cap Mobile Plans

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
calljennycraig

Usage Meter for Cap Mobile Plans

Post by calljennycraig » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can get a summary of $ call spend and data usage for my Cap mobile plan to show up on the home page of my ADSL user facilities?

There is one there for my old vodafone mobile account.

In the (separate) user facilities for the Mobile plan there is a summary of data usage but not call spend.

Thanks

Craig

samarium

Re: Usage Meter for Cap Mobile Plans

Post by samarium » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Don't know that it is possible, Optus seems to setup their infrastructure in a way to minimize data visibility to the end-user, so as the maximize their opportunity to sting you with excess charges you when the cap is breached, that my opinion anyway and in any case they haven't fixed the problem in years. Or it could be Exetel's fault, however why would they bother to provide a reporting point and then deliberately not populate it?

When I had a WM-A (Exetel/Optus) plan , the unbilled calls component was never useful. What was useful was signing up for the weekly usage spend notification. I'm on my first month of a CAP plan, so I'm waiting to see what happens, haven't see a weekly notification, however there was a problem with the setup, and it probably hasn't been a week yet.

I have an android phone, and have installed one of the many usage monitoring apps. I chose Call Meter 3G as it allows modeling the CAP. I'm sure there are other Android apps I could use and I'm also sure there are apps for other phones.

If you can't get a monitoring app, then I suggest you setup your phone and either automatically or manually clear the call/sms counters at the beginning of each month. This gives you some idea of what is going on.

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:32 pm

I can get the full CAP breakdown (beware 48 to 72 hr delay) by doing the following:

ADSL members facilities > View Usage > Mobile > 'Mobile Phone Call & CAP plan data usage'

ADSL members facilities > View Invoices > Unbilled Charges tab > 'Mobile Phone Call & CAP plan data usage'

HSPA members facilities > Billing Details > Unbilled Charges > 'Mobile Phone Call & CAP plan data usage'

Top right hand corner is a 'Add This Page To Your Shortcuts Bar' which will add a link to the top of your home screen

samarium

Post by samarium » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Well Ravenous, it is certainly working better than last time I looked when using my WM-A plan, ie it is working. 2-3 days delay is fine. Maybe Optus did fix the infrastructure. Thanks.

[Although, when I tried saving the link as you suggested, I now get "You cannot view your telephone record." when I try to access it. Seems like one for Shady to fix]

calljennycraig

Post by calljennycraig » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks Ravenous.

I tried this out and get the same result as Samarium.

Mobile Phone Meter
You cannot view your telephone record.

I was hoping for a nice little summary box that would show dollars used (I can ive with the delay in reporting) and % of data in Cap plan used, but I suppose something is better than nothing.

Craig

Ravenous

Post by Ravenous » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Try bookmarking this page...https://www.exetel.com.au/members/usage_mobile.php

In other words go back a page, if you can, where you select the number. I have two cap accounts so I do not know if this page shows up for you.

I agree it would be nice if there was CAP usage meter developed for the summary page. Perhaps one for the suggestion box?
Attachments
Screenshot.png
Screenshot.png (16.61 KiB) Viewed 3389 times

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Ravenous wrote:Perhaps one for the suggestion box?
That's what it's there for :)

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

calljennycraig

Post by calljennycraig » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:26 pm

My first suggestion has been added to the box.

Ravenous, your second method works for me.

Craig

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:34 am

Hi all,

The development team is looking into this and plan to have it fixed by the end of the day.

Melanie

melanieb
Exetel Staff

Post by melanieb » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:21 pm

calljennycraig wrote:Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can get a summary of $ call spend and data usage for my Cap mobile plan to show up on the home page of my ADSL user facilities?

In the (separate) user facilities for the Mobile plan there is a summary of data usage but not call spend.

Thanks

Craig
A summary of your charges has been added to the homepage of your members.

calljennycraig

Post by calljennycraig » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:08 pm

melanieb wrote:
calljennycraig wrote:Hi,

Thanks

Craig
A summary of your charges has been added to the homepage of your members.
Thanks Melanieb,

Appreciated

I have the Cap plan $ spend showing now.

Can the data component usage of the cap plan also be shown, either as a bar graph or even just the Mb used as a number?

Also, how can I get rid of the summary of the old mobile service which I no longer have as it is in the same box as the new Cap mobile service?

Thanks,
Craig

calljennycraig

Post by calljennycraig » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Melanieb,

I also just noticed that the $ value shown in the summary box includes the cost of data used, whereas there is a certain amount of data included with each plan for free.

The tool would be best if it displayed the $ value of calls made and then a separate figure for the amount of data used.

This would allow users to monitor how they are going compared to the inclusions of their cap

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks Exetel
Great to see this now avaialble on my main page in User Facilities
It will be good when the "included data usage" is clearly identified from any Data that Optus advises Exetel falls outside the included CAPx data usage.
That will save people from a nasty surprise at the end of the month when they get charged for the not included data usage - is there any plan to report that on the User Facilites page summary?