usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
StrawHat
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Seaford, Vic

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by StrawHat » Sat May 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Of course I am all for the HSPA customers getting help but can we get a follow up on peber's original reason for creating this thread.
Thanks in advance to shoner and thejeg for helping out.

shoner
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by shoner » Mon May 23, 2011 11:05 am

StrawHat wrote:Of course I am all for the HSPA customers getting help but can we get a follow up on peber's original reason for creating this thread.
Thanks in advance to shoner and thejeg for helping out.
We are following this up with the Dev's might take a bit longer than expected :( Will get this sorted out once and for all.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

thejeg

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by thejeg » Mon May 23, 2011 5:08 pm

StrawHat wrote:Of course I am all for the HSPA customers getting help but can we get a follow up on peber's original reason for creating this thread.
Thanks in advance to shoner and thejeg for helping out.
This was fixed few week before, unless you want to show the exact issue that you are experiencing, enabling me to fix this for good?

thejeg

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by thejeg » Mon May 23, 2011 7:03 pm

StrawHat wrote:Of course I am all for the HSPA customers getting help but can we get a follow up on peber's original reason for creating this thread.
Thanks in advance to shoner and thejeg for helping out.
Please check this link and let me know what sort of an issue you are having?

GaryG
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by GaryG » Mon May 23, 2011 7:24 pm

thejeg wrote:
StrawHat wrote:Of course I am all for the HSPA customers getting help but can we get a follow up on peber's original reason for creating this thread.
Thanks in advance to shoner and thejeg for helping out.
Please check this link and let me know what sort of an issue you are having?
It still gives usage based on the period starting from the first of the month rather than, in my case 28th of the month.

thejeg

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by thejeg » Tue May 24, 2011 1:30 am

GaryG wrote:
thejeg wrote:
StrawHat wrote:Of course I am all for the HSPA customers getting help but can we get a follow up on peber's original reason for creating this thread.
Thanks in advance to shoner and thejeg for helping out.
Please check this link and let me know what sort of an issue you are having?
It still gives usage based on the period starting from the first of the month rather than, in my case 28th of the month.
Yeap... Gotch ya!!!

I have sent your exact reply to the developer team....

They will have a look at this and will fix the issue...

StrawHat
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Seaford, Vic

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by StrawHat » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Time for a bump on this issue?
usagemeter.php and usagemeter_xml.php still not reporting values correctly (based on billing cycle)
3 months now and still waiting though probably not as patiently as I should ;)

Any updates from dev team?

shoner
Posts: 756
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by shoner » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:27 pm

StrawHat wrote:Time for a bump on this issue?
usagemeter.php and usagemeter_xml.php still not reporting values correctly (based on billing cycle)
3 months now and still waiting though probably not as patiently as I should ;)

Any updates from dev team?
Should have an update on this by end this week or mid next week.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

fogger
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:30 am
Location: Sydney

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by fogger » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm starting to get tired of waiting for this problem to get fixed. This thread was started almost 3 months ago, and anytime someone asks for an update, all we get told is 'I'll check with the developers'. Honestly, this should have been ready to go before even changing the billing period. Everybody understands that things get accidentally overlooked, and that's ok. But to take so long to fix a bunch of php is beyond a joke.

Do you expect us all just to go back to scraping the website instead? I'd hate to see the loads on your web server if thousands of users are forced to use a usage meter that scrapes your website instead of use the xml. That alone should be incentive enough to create xml usage feeds for all your services.

</rant>

stevecJ
Forum Admin
Posts: 1041
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:48 am

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by stevecJ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:17 pm

fogger wrote:I'm starting to get tired of waiting for this problem to get fixed. This thread was started almost 3 months ago, and anytime someone asks for an update, all we get told is 'I'll check with the developers'. Honestly, this should have been ready to go before even changing the billing period. Everybody understands that things get accidentally overlooked, and that's ok. But to take so long to fix a bunch of php is beyond a joke.

Do you expect us all just to go back to scraping the website instead? I'd hate to see the loads on your web server if thousands of users are forced to use a usage meter that scrapes your website instead of use the xml. That alone should be incentive enough to create xml usage feeds for all your services.

</rant>
I have checked with the developers and the usage should indicate according to the new billing cycle. :roll:

However could you please email me on stevej@exetel.com.lk with the url and web page enabling me to investigate this further.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

GaryG
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:41 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by GaryG » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Looks to me like they may have fixed it as NetUsage is showing the correct figures.

StrawHat
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:44 am
Location: Seaford, Vic

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by StrawHat » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:26 pm

Wow it is fixed.
[sarcasm] That didn't take too long.[/sarcasm]

Thanks to thejeg and shoner for staying on it. I think i'll pass on complementing the dev team.

nuranj
Exetel Staff
Posts: 270
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:41 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: usagemeter_xml.php and billing date changes

Post by nuranj » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:49 am

Thats great it's been fixed :)

Post Reply