Usage Meter after Billing date changed

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
mulga

Usage Meter after Billing date changed

Post by mulga » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:52 am

My billing date has been changed to the 28th.
Does this also apply to the usage as my usage meter is still showing the last periods usage?

PS
It would be nice if the xml returned the rollover day now that it has changed.

stevecJ
Exetel Staff

Re: Usage Meter after Billing date changed

Post by stevecJ » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:26 am

mulga wrote:My billing date has been changed to the 28th.
Does this also apply to the usage as my usage meter is still showing the last periods usage?

PS
It would be nice if the xml returned the rollover day now that it has changed.

Hi mulga,

When the new billing cycle starts on the 28th, it will reset the usage meter as well. I have checked your usage meter and I could see that it has been properly reset now.

Regards,
Steve J
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

CLoSeR

Post by CLoSeR » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 am

Steve,

See my post here, Im having a similar problem.

viewtopic.php?f=303&t=37845

The detailed usage page is not presenting the new billing/usage period.

Regards,

CLoSeR
Need to log a fault ticket? Go here: https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au/

smithi

Post by smithi » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:53 am

Oh dear, it's gone a bit weird tonight .. Detailed Usage is now showing data for:
28/April/2011
29/April/2011
30/April/2011
31/April/2011
01/April/2011
02/April/2011

Totals for 28th - 31st March look about right, if they said March instead of April.

Also the data for all of the period shown up to 31st March has been incorporated into the March section of the graph below, and since I'd d/l ~4.6GB on the 31st March (on a PAYU plan no less, a software distribution so a memorable total), that's about doubled the March total that I'd already been billed for, but the April graph shows next to nothing yet, though that's when I'll be billed a fiver for it ..

I guess that the graph month is still linked to 'real' dates rather than the billing period, but it means the graph will no longer indicate total (thus cost, for PAYU) for the billed month.

As one who first wrote date calculation functions in assembly language in '69 and on many occasions since for both accounting and astronomy, I'm well aware just how tricky it can be. So when I first heard of shifting billing periods back to the 28th rather than forward a day or so - understandable for financial reasons - I thought, mmm, some poor programmers are in for some real fun here! :)

Not knocking; Exetel's backend systems programming is pretty awesome by and large.

cheers, Ian