B30 - inclusions and how to use them?

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
tin

B30 - inclusions and how to use them?

Post by tin » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Cutting the long story short, where do I go to get started with the hosting and stuff that the Bxx plans apparently include? The Business Members Area seems to only want to talk to me about ADSL.

Longer story:
We used to be a Westnet reseller until recently (when they decided to stop paying commisions), and we want to finish up using their services... We moved our shop ADSL over to Exetel about a week or so back. The boss gave me the go-ahead to remove all the Westnet brochures, posters and stickers yesterday, and I've just finished ripping down their giant window sticker from the shop front.
I'm now down to hosting - our last remaining ties to Westnet are our DNS, email and web hosting... Which I'm pretty keen to move over to Exetel. It's just that it seems we can't order such things as business users through the members area.
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

nuranj

Re: B30 - inclusions and how to use them?

Post by nuranj » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:17 am

Please note that you should be able to order those from the members area.

Once you logged in just moved the mouse pointer to the letter "X", it is actually a button so once it is moved to it you will see a drop down menu and in that you should be able to apply for hosting services.

tin

Post by tin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:58 pm

Aha... Well that has to be the stupidest design ever...
Perhaps the word "MENU" would be appropriate. :roll:
The above post is copyright, may be edited at any time, and should not be taken internally. Any breach of these terms may result in legal action or a sore tummy.

nuranj

Post by nuranj » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:10 pm

tin wrote:Aha... Well that has to be the stupidest design ever...
Perhaps the word "MENU" would be appropriate. :roll:
Did you located it and Were you able to apply for hosting services ?

Gidget
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Gidget » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 pm

I agree with tin ... I checked the B30 User Facilities last night to see if I could help him, and I also failed to spot the hidden menu :? .

Could this please be brought to the attention of the development/web design team.

Gidget
Log a fault ticket here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

tin

Post by tin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:47 pm

OK, so I went looking in all that. Nothing there matches what was listed as being included in the plan.

Plan says Domain Name Hosting, but members area says that's $20/year.
Plan says 1GB web hosting (implied to be related to above), but members area only allows for a 200MB "home.exetel.com.au" hosting account.
Plan says email hosting up to 30 addresses (again implied to be allowing for own domain) but members area says up to 20 addresses "@exemail.com.au" can be used.
Plan says /29 IP range but members area says that many IPs is $540 a year - At this stage, not an issue to us, but just another example.

Support ticket time I think :?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:29 am

HI Tin,

If you click on "X", then "Order", then click on relevant hosting button, and order the service which was included, i.e. the 1GB of space you will not be charged for it.

James

tin

Post by tin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:42 pm

OK, so despite it saying $300/year for 1GB hosting, it just won't cost anything?

Is there some place where I can get a definite list of inclusions so I KNOW which things are good to pick?

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:07 pm

Your plan comes with these inclusions.

Inclusions In These Plans

* Domain Name Hosting
* Web site hosting (up to 1 gb)
* Email hosting (up to 30 email addresses)
* /29 IP Range (6 usable IP addresses)
* Send SMS for 5 cents via your email
* Send a ten page FAX for 5 cents via your email
* Support 8.30 am to 11.00 pm 7 days a week including public holidays
* ‘Rolls Royce’ User Facilities that allow you to control all aspects of your services

tin

Post by tin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Unless you look here, which is linked to from the page showing churn plans (with the same names) where it says:
15 Email Addresses
A Webmail Account For Each Email Address
60 Megabytes of Personal Web Space
One Static IP Address
Secure User Facilities

See why I'm confused? And given the members area then says things will cost $X per month/year, I'm left with a choice of leave it alone for now, or click it and hope the boss doesn't kill me if a $300 bill turns up.

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:59 pm

HI,

Please order the inclusions, and then email me james@exetel.com.au I will ensure you are not charged.

James

tin

Post by tin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:38 pm

OK. I think I've ordered what we needed... And sent the email to you, James.

Thanks for checking it out for me - Sorry if I'm being a bit of a pain about it all... It's more to do with wanting to be 100% sure of things before I spend someone else's money - and I'm also trying to convince the boss to become a reseller/agent/whatever for Exetel, and she won't want to if the website is in such a mess. If we can't work out the services for ourselves, how can we help customers?

tin

Post by tin » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:32 pm

Ugh... Retyping due to the forum deciding to clear my post :x

We got billed for this hosting recently (a month or 2 back?). Did the plans change and drop the included hosting? Or was this charge incorrect? :?:

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:53 pm

Please email me, and i'll see what happened.

tin

Post by tin » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:20 pm

James wrote:Please email me, and i'll see what happened.
Ok. I'll do that Monday morning from work...

Edit: Sent email - internet was down on Monday, and I finally remembered today :mrgreen: