Clarification of download limits on old plan

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
G-Box

Clarification of download limits on old plan

Post by G-Box » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Hello, I tried posting in 'products and services' however it seems I can't create a new topic in that section for some reason.
On an old plan using FP-D2 (8192/384) I don't want to update to ADSL2 as my connection is solid yet quite a 'noisy' line and it's been solid for 6 years now and would like to keep it that way & don't want to introduce any possible problems that ADSL2 may bring.

Anyhow.... A while back it was confirmed that 180GB was the limit during unlimited offpeak on the above mentioned plan and I was notified by an exetel staff member that going over this would result in capping/shaping the following month during offpeak.
With the speak of some potential unlimited plans and since it's been quite some time since this plan was introduced was hoping to please find out if it is still currently a 180gb limit during offpeak on the FP-D2 plan?

Thanks in advance for replying.

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: Clarification of download limits on old plan

Post by jokiin » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:28 pm

not familiar with your plan but if you login to your member facilities area it should specify what's included, have you had a look there yet?

G-Box

Post by G-Box » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Jolkin,
Thanks for replying.
... in the user page it says 'unlimited' during offpeak 12am-12pm..During peak it's a 30gb cap with 50cents per excess GB.... Unfortunately as mentioned above there was a still some sort of cap of 180gb in the unlimited period and exceeding it would result in being shaped/throttled during offpeak the following month was what I was told by an exetel staff some time ago 1+ year ago iirc.
Just wanted to find out if that still applied or if it changed?

Thanks again

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by jokiin » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm not sure that limit was strictly applied but there were some (ab)users that went way overboard if there wasn't some type of limit, perhaps best to send an email off to billing for clarification, if it says unlimited though I suspect you are ok

G-Box

Post by G-Box » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Thanks for the reply : - )
Shot an email off to billing.
Haven't neared the 180gb cao for some time however would really be bummed if I did exceed it only to have the net shaped/capped for the next month from 12am-12pm.

I guess it may have changed due to the cache system (?) exetel has implemented making bandwidth more available if I understand correctly?

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Post by rukshani » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 pm

G-Box wrote:Thanks for the reply : - )
Haven't neared the 180gb cao for some time however would really be bummed if I did exceed it only to have the net shaped/capped for the next month from 12am-12pm.

I guess it may have changed due to the cache system (?) exetel has implemented making bandwidth more available if I understand correctly?
I have brought this to the attention of the billing team leader, she will look in to it and advise you.

Thushari
Exetel Staff

Post by Thushari » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:22 pm

G-Box wrote:Thanks for the reply : - )

I have replied to your query with email ticket reference 4608061. Please reply to same if you have further queries.