Cancelling hosting service

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Klaas

Cancelling hosting service

Post by Klaas » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:07 am

At the beginning of the month, I cut my phone and broadband to Telstra.

I then cancelled my phone and broadband service (Optus based plan) through the member's facilities.

However, there seems to be an issue with cancelling a hosting service - it seems the database is convinced I still have a hosting service. This may be related to a domain registration that I renewed, but, due to some issues (ref ticket 4780081) it had been done at "backend". I'd subsequently moved the two domains away from Exetel.

I've exchanged emails about the "sticking" service (ticket 4917786) but there doesn't seem to be any action, as yet.

My phone and broadband service have been cancelled, and I'd otherwise ignore the problem, but I'm concerned that the active service will bill me on the anniversary date.

What do I need to do to get rid of this service from the account, and have the account shut down completely? Going through all the hosting tabs shows no active services, except for the domain hosting page, where the two domains are showing as inactive - pressing the delete button does nothing.
Last edited by Klaas on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rukshani
Exetel Staff

Re: Cancelling hosting service

Post by rukshani » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Klaas wrote:At the beginning of the month, I cut my phone and broadband to Telstra.

I then cancelled my phone and broadband service (Optus based plan) through the member's facilities.

However, there seems to be an issue with cancelling a hosting service - it seems the database is convinced I still have a hosting service. This may be related to a domain registration that I renewed, but, due to some issues (ref ticket 4780081) it had been done at "backend". I'd subsequently moved the two domains away from Exetel.

I've exchanged emails about the "sticking" service (ticket 4917786) but there doesn't seem to be any action, as yet.

My phone and broadband service have been cancelled, and I'd otherwise ignore the problem, but I'm concerned that the active service will bill me on the anniversary date.

What do I need to do to get rid of this service from the account, and have the account shut down completely? Going through all the hosting tabs shows no active services, except for the domain hosting page, where the two domains are showing as inactive - pressing the delete button does nothing.

I have prompted the billing team leader to look in to this. She will get back to you soon after confirming the cancellation of the said services.

dilinii
Exetel Staff

Post by dilinii » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:20 pm

This is been dealt with the email reference 4917786 and you will get an update shortly.

dilinii
Exetel Staff

Post by dilinii » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:06 am

This has been fixed with the email reference 4917786.Please reply to that email if you have further concerns with regard to this.

Klaas

Post by Klaas » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks for the help - the account can be all closed off now.