Usage XML specification

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
kenobiajay

Usage XML specification

Post by kenobiajay » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 am

Hi Exetel,

I'm developing a usage meter app for WP7 and would like to know the XML structure for HSPA accounts from this: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/usage ... e,password

I have an ADSL account, and thus have downloaded the XML for adsl accounts. My question is:
  • Will that link above work for HSPA accounts?
  • What is the structure of the XML for HSPA accounts? Can you please send me an example?
Thanks

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: Usage XML specification

Post by stevecJ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:57 pm

kenobiajay wrote:Hi Exetel,

I'm developing a usage meter app for WP7 and would like to know the XML structure for HSPA accounts from this: https://www.exetel.com.au/members/usage ... e,password

I have an ADSL account, and thus have downloaded the XML for adsl accounts. My question is:
  • Will that link above work for HSPA accounts?
  • What is the structure of the XML for HSPA accounts? Can you please send me an example?
Thanks
Hi,

I will check this with our developers and get back to you with an update soon.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi,

I have checked with developers and it appears that the XML structures are available only for ADSL and Mobile and it is not available for the HSAP services.

If you require I can email you an example structure for ADSL and mobile services.
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

kenobiajay

Post by kenobiajay » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:26 pm

stevecJ wrote:Hi,
If you require I can email you an example structure for ADSL and mobile services.
Yes please, could you email me the structure for mobile services. How would I download the XML for mobile services? https://www.exetel.com.au/members/usage ... e,password returns data for ADSL only.

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Post by stevecJ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:01 pm

kenobiajay wrote: Yes please, could you email me the structure for mobile services. How would I download the XML for mobile services? https://www.exetel.com.au/members/usage ... e,password returns data for ADSL only.
Hi,

I have emailed you the details.

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================

-kevin

Post by -kevin » Sat May 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi,
I'm interested in that info as well - is it possible to post a few clues here or email me the info as well?

regards,
Kevin
kevin at newcastleit com au

NIrmitha
Exetel Staff

Post by NIrmitha » Sat May 19, 2012 8:49 pm

I'm interested in that info as well - is it possible to post a few clues here or email me the info as well?
Hi Kevin,

I have emailed you the details :)

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Sat May 19, 2012 8:55 pm

I haven't looked at wireless broadband for a while but the ADSL meter is similar. XPaths for that are:
Peak usage, value of //CurrentMonthUsage/PeakDownload
Peak allowance, value of //PlanDetails/PeakTimeDownloadInMB
Offpeak usage, value of //CurrentMonthUsage/OffpeakDownload
Offpeak allowance, value of //PlanDetails/OffpeakTimeDownloadInMB
Meter update time, value of //UpdateDatetime
Plan name, value of //PlanName
For daily usage, values of //Daily/UsageDate, //Daily/PeakDownload, //Daily/PeakUpload , //Daily/OffpeakDownload, //Daily/OffpeakUpload

If you have a library to handle XPath, scripting is straightforward. I use xmlstarlet.

sam.adl

Post by sam.adl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:39 pm

I also would like details about how to get XML usage data for my mobile service please :)

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:05 pm

sam.adl wrote:I also would like details about how to get XML usage data for my mobile service please :)
Hi Sam,

I emailed you the details to your nominated email address of your account. :)

sam.adl

Post by sam.adl » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:04 pm

KavindaS wrote:
sam.adl wrote:I also would like details about how to get XML usage data for my mobile service please :)
Hi Sam,

I emailed you the details to your nominated email address of your account. :)
Thanks for your prompt reply.
That's pretty amazing you can get every single call detail by XML but not quite what I was after.

See the attachment, a screenshot from the members area. It is mainly my cap usage that I am most interested in. Is there anyway to get that sort of information?
Attachments
usage.PNG
usage.PNG (37.72 KiB) Viewed 2486 times

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaushalya » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 pm

That's pretty amazing you can get every single call detail by XML but not quite what I was after.

See the attachment, a screenshot from the members area. It is mainly my cap usage that I am most interested in. Is there anyway to get that sort of information
Hi Sam,

I will check with our developers and let you know :)

Kaushalya
Exetel Staff

Post by Kaushalya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:16 pm

See the attachment, a screenshot from the members area. It is mainly my cap usage that I am most interested in. Is there anyway to get that sort of information

Hi Sam,

I will check with our developers and let you know :)
Hi Sam,

I have sent you an email with regard to the above request.

sam.adl

Post by sam.adl » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:27 pm

No worries, thanks for investigating.

I will just continue to log in to the members area every few days to check my mobile cap usage.

Dazzled
Volunteer Site Admin

Post by Dazzled » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:05 pm

sam.adl, you haven't mentioned the platform, and I don't know if you can script, so if that's out of the question, read no further.

If you already have a working script to get the XML, you could just add a line to do the total and subtraction and show only the result. Otherwise you could GET the user facility page, search for the summary line, and display it only. The latter method has the usual disadvantage that it would need re-writing if Exetel changes the page.