IP Change not changing IP address

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
opmonline09

IP Change not changing IP address

Post by opmonline09 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:55 am

Hi Guys,
On two occasions I have changed my IP address from the members area and the system has returned with a blank out-put for the IP address. When I check my IP address to see if has changed it remains listed as the old unchanged IP address. Eventually I lose access to Exetel because the old IP expires etc. This happened on the first occasion a couple of weeks ago and I have just processed another change of IP with the output once again returning with no IP address as an out-put.

If some one could tell me what's going on here, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

jokiin
Volunteer Site Admin

Re: IP Change not changing IP address

Post by jokiin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 am

are you rebooting your router after you do the request to pickup the new IP?

stevecJ
Forum Admin

Re: IP Change not changing IP address

Post by stevecJ » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:38 am

opmonline09 wrote:Hi Guys,
On two occasions I have changed my IP address from the members area and the system has returned with a blank out-put for the IP address. When I check my IP address to see if has changed it remains listed as the old unchanged IP address. Eventually I lose access to Exetel because the old IP expires etc. This happened on the first occasion a couple of weeks ago and I have just processed another change of IP with the output once again returning with no IP address as an out-put.

If some one could tell me what's going on here, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Hi Rob,

Could you please PM your service number and the contact details, so I can look in to this for you :?:
To Log a fault ticket, please click click here or alternatively call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)

=================
Exetel Support Portal
=================