Mobile plan change fees

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
mycle

Mobile plan change fees

Post by mycle » Thu May 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Why is it that for one of my mobile services it costs $25 to downgrade the service and $0 to upgrade while the other one costs $50 to downgrade and $25 to upgrade?

Seems to be cheaper to churn away with a $2 sim, then churn back.

Mycle.

shoner

Re: Mobile plan change fees

Post by shoner » Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 am

mycle wrote:Why is it that for one of my mobile services it costs $25 to downgrade the service and $0 to upgrade while the other one costs $50 to downgrade and $25 to upgrade?

Mycle.
I will get a sales consultant to provide you with the answers.
"Helping Making a Better World"

Log a fault ticket Here
or call Exetel VOIP numbers (02) 8030 1000 or 1300 788 141 (log faults 24x7)
Exetel Support Portal

EromalR
Exetel Staff

Post by EromalR » Fri May 11, 2012 4:50 pm

mycle wrote:Why is it that for one of my mobile services it costs $25 to downgrade the service and $0 to upgrade while the other one costs $50 to downgrade and $25 to upgrade?

Mycle.
It depends on the value of the current mobile plan. If its the one with the highest monthly value, the cost would be more to downgrade than another.

samarium

Post by samarium » Fri May 18, 2012 6:10 pm

mycle wrote: Seems to be cheaper to churn away with a $2 sim, then churn back.
Last time I did that there was a lot of hassle getting the churn to happen correctly quickly. Like phone number not fully deleted from Exetel's systems while trying to port back, and then sorting out lingering issues, filling out the churn paper work like do you know your optus prepaid account # which, IIRC, is your DOB?

Exetel were helpful, but I don't think either their systems or Optus's systems are designed to cope nicely with churn away to optus SIM day n, churn back to exetel, day n or day n + 1.

Took about 5 days before I could churn back when I did this about a year ago, so $2 + 5*$3/day chewed thru my optus $20 credit, which is pretty close to $25 typical exetel plan change fee.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon May 21, 2012 2:56 pm

samarium wrote:
mycle wrote: Seems to be cheaper to churn away with a $2 sim, then churn back.
Last time I did that there was a lot of hassle getting the churn to happen correctly quickly. Like phone number not fully deleted from Exetel's systems while trying to port back, and then sorting out lingering issues, filling out the churn paper work like do you know your optus prepaid account # which, IIRC, is your DOB?

Exetel were helpful, but I don't think either their systems or Optus's systems are designed to cope nicely with churn away to optus SIM day n, churn back to exetel, day n or day n + 1.

Took about 5 days before I could churn back when I did this about a year ago, so $2 + 5*$3/day chewed thru my optus $20 credit, which is pretty close to $25 typical exetel plan change fee.
It's always convenient to change plans than to transfer across to another provider then to port back in to Exetel.