MBB Migration option not available

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
camh

MBB Migration option not available

Post by camh » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:30 am

I've just received the notice that my mobile voice service is being turned into a mobile data service (WTF?), and that if I want to keep voice capability I should log into the user facilities, select MBB Migration on the left pane and select 1, 2 or 3.

When I log into the user facilities for my mobile voice service I do not have "MBB Migration" on the left hand menu.

Please fix this.

And in the mean time, would someone please tell me what options 1, 2 and 3 are? I do not understand why Exetel would replace a voice service with a non-voice service, but to not tell me and not allow me to find out what are the alternatives has made me quite upset. Please consider it a suggestion not to do such silly things so you don't risk losing future customers.

Fr33

Re: MBB Migration option not available

Post by Fr33 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:21 pm

As above I have the same experience, please advise.

Venurukshi
Exetel Staff

Post by Venurukshi » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:42 am

Dear Sir,

Exetel apologises that you were the recipient of an unplanned email notification highlighting a pending change to your Mobile Broadband plan service.

This was dispatched to you prematurely and in error. We did not intend on causing you any frustration or shock from this unplanned and incomplete notification.

It is true that there are pending changes forthcoming to the Exetel Mobile Broadband product suite, which once finalised will be communicated to you in full with all detail and with a complete array of options for your choosing.

We expect to be able to communicate the complete detail to you on or before the 18th January, with changes not taking effect until the 1st of March.

Rest assured that there will be no interruption or changes to your service without your involvement and consolation, and additionally there will be no loss of functionality due to this pending change, specifically those who use this product for voice calls.

We apologise for any confusion or frustration this has caused you, and thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we work to fully communicate to you if full.

Kind Regards,

Exetel Sales Team

alanbrown

Post by alanbrown » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:13 pm

Venurukshi wrote:Dear Sir,

Exetel apologises that you were the recipient of an unplanned email notification highlighting a pending change to your Mobile Broadband plan service.

This was dispatched to you prematurely and in error. We did not intend on causing you any frustration or shock from this unplanned and incomplete notification.

It is true that there are pending changes forthcoming to the Exetel Mobile Broadband product suite, which once finalised will be communicated to you in full with all detail and with a complete array of options for your choosing.

We expect to be able to communicate the complete detail to you on or before the 18th January, with changes not taking effect until the 1st of March.

Rest assured that there will be no interruption or changes to your service without your involvement and consolation, and additionally there will be no loss of functionality due to this pending change, specifically those who use this product for voice calls.

We apologise for any confusion or frustration this has caused you, and thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we work to fully communicate to you if full.

Kind Regards,

Exetel Sales Team
any update of this migration?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:15 pm

alanbrown wrote:
Venurukshi wrote:Dear Sir,

Kind Regards,

Exetel Sales Team
any update of this migration?
We have not received an update on this yet. We'll keep you informed if any changes are to be made.

samc

Post by samc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:12 pm

So I got the same email again this month. The MBB Migration link exists, but available replacement plans are again not comparable.

There's a reasonably priced data-only plan crippled by NO VOICE OR SMS. WTF dudes? There's these devices called smartphones, they use data but they can also make phone calls. Not everyone is using a USB dongle in a laptop.

There are voice plans which are not reasonably priced for data. $500/Gb excess? What are you guys smoking? The included monthly voice allowance on the cheapest plan is more than I will use in several years, yet the data allowance is a piddly 200Mb.

What's going on here?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:39 pm

samc wrote:So I got the same email again this month. The MBB Migration link exists, but available replacement plans are again not comparable.

There's a reasonably priced data-only plan crippled by NO VOICE OR SMS. WTF dudes? There's these devices called smartphones, they use data but they can also make phone calls. Not everyone is using a USB dongle in a laptop.

There are voice plans which are not reasonably priced for data. $500/Gb excess? What are you guys smoking? The included monthly voice allowance on the cheapest plan is more than I will use in several years, yet the data allowance is a piddly 200Mb.

What's going on here?
Unfortunately the offer period for the Layer 2 services are expiring and we are unable to be extended it. Currently available plan options are outlined in the email sent to you.

samc

Post by samc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 pm

So just for clarification, this bit from a previous post:
Venurukshi wrote: there will be no loss of functionality due to this pending change, specifically those who use this product for voice calls.

[...]

Exetel Sales Team
True, not true?

I just want to know where the plans are for those who use a moderate amount of data (hundreds of Mb, less than 1Gb) and very little voice/SMS.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:35 pm

samc wrote:So just for clarification, this bit from a previous post:
Venurukshi wrote: there will be no loss of functionality due to this pending change, specifically those who use this product for voice calls.

[...]

Exetel Sales Team
True, not true?

I just want to know where the plans are for those who use a moderate amount of data (hundreds of Mb, less than 1Gb) and very little voice/SMS.
If you wish to use both data and voice, you'll need to move to one of the Mobile plans that are currently available.

samc

Post by samc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

remosha wrote: If you wish to use both data and voice, you'll need to move to one of the Mobile plans that are currently available.
So I can pay for more voice each month than I can use in a year and run the risk of HUGE penalties if I accidentally go over my data cap? I think I've already WTF'ed at that in an earlier post.

The mobile plans are not reasonable for modern real-world use given the prevalence of smartphones. Add voice to the data plans with a high per-call cost. Or at least don't charge unreasonable excess data charges on the voice plans. It's clear from the pricing on the data plans that excess data should be closer to $0.05/Mb than $0.50/Mb.

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:50 pm

samc wrote:
remosha wrote: If you wish to use both data and voice, you'll need to move to one of the Mobile plans that are currently available.
So I can pay for more voice each month than I can use in a year and run the risk of HUGE penalties if I accidentally go over my data cap? I think I've already WTF'ed at that in an earlier post.

The mobile plans are not reasonable for modern real-world use given the prevalence of smartphones. Add voice to the data plans with a high per-call cost. Or at least don't charge unreasonable excess data charges on the voice plans. It's clear from the pricing on the data plans that excess data should be closer to $0.05/Mb than $0.50/Mb.
If the main requirement is data, them you may move to a Mobile Broadband Plan. However, you will not have access to voice calls.

samc

Post by samc » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:03 pm

remosha wrote: If the main requirement is data, them you may move to a Mobile Broadband Plan. However, you will not have access to voice calls.
That is exactly my main complaint, and makes the data plans useless. Data is the main requirement, not the sole requirement. The data plans are completely inflexible. I don't make many calls but I do occasionally need to, or receive them, and carrying a second phone just for that purpose is rediculous.

Also, I'm not sure how you reconcile your statement with this earlier statement from Exetel:
Venurukshi wrote: additionally there will be no loss of functionality due to this pending change, specifically those who use this product for voice calls.
These statements are contradictory. The earlier statement seems to be a complete fabrication.

Nothing of significance has changed since the MBB service change notice was "prematurely" sent to users "in error". If Exetel don't have replacement plans available, this still seems premature. I don't feel like Exetel is taking very good care of me as a customer with this change.