New Plans!

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Yabbie

New Plans!

Post by Yabbie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:42 pm

The new plans look excellent, but when will they be available in the user facilites (Change Service) section?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Re: New Plans!

Post by remosha » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:40 pm

Yabbie wrote:The new plans look excellent, but when will they be available in the user facilites (Change Service) section?
The new plans should be made available in Members within a couple of months. We suggest that you check your Exetel Members Facilities from time to time.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:59 am

remosha wrote:The new plans should be made available in Members within a couple of months. We suggest that you check your Exetel Members Facilities from time to time.
Just because the plans are not in the members facilities, does that mean we can't access them? Can we phone up and change? I know Exetel needs to attract new members, but surely there is a need to look after existing ones.

Also, is there a peak/off peak period with the new plans?

Cheers,
Brad

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:42 am

Yabbie wrote:
remosha wrote:The new plans should be made available in Members within a couple of months. We suggest that you check your Exetel Members Facilities from time to time.
Just because the plans are not in the members facilities, does that mean we can't access them? Can we phone up and change? I know Exetel needs to attract new members, but surely there is a need to look after existing ones.

Also, is there a peak/off peak period with the new plans?

Cheers,
Brad
New plans are not available for plan changes currently. There's no peak and off peak breakdown with the new plans.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:49 am

remosha wrote:New plans are not available for plan changes currently. There's no peak and off peak breakdown with the new plans.
With the greatest of respect, shouldn't Exetel be looking after those that have been there through thick and thin first? At the very least, the plans should be available to all members as well as new customers :(

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Yabbie wrote:
remosha wrote:New plans are not available for plan changes currently. There's no peak and off peak breakdown with the new plans.
With the greatest of respect, shouldn't Exetel be looking after those that have been there through thick and thin first? At the very least, the plans should be available to all members as well as new customers :(
We are in the process of making it available for existing customers. Please bear with us until such time.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:32 pm

remosha wrote:We are in the process of making it available for existing customers. Please bear with us until such time.
Been here since 2004, so I'll be bearing with you :)
But please, do hurry.

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:51 pm

Yabbie wrote:Been here since 2004, so I'll be bearing with you :)
But please, do hurry.
I second that sentiment... been an Exetel user since 2005. Have been watching the "New Plans Coming Soon" message in the Member Facility for many weeks now. Please bring these new prices to existing customers asap... they are so good they put Exetel back at the top of the Broadband Choice Plan Search

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/?action=s ... d=1&sort=2

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:32 pm

mayday175 wrote:
Yabbie wrote:Been here since 2004, so I'll be bearing with you :)
But please, do hurry.
I second that sentiment... been an Exetel user since 2005. Have been watching the "New Plans Coming Soon" message in the Member Facility for many weeks now. Please bring these new prices to existing customers asap... they are so good they put Exetel back at the top of the Broadband Choice Plan Search

http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc/?action=s ... d=1&sort=2
We are trying our best to make the new plans available for existing customers as soon as possible.

Amraks

Post by Amraks » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:47 am

are these plans available to Tasmanians?

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 am

remosha wrote: We are trying our best to make the new plans available for existing customers as soon as possible.
Unfortunately, I struggle to genuinely believe this. I've been watching these "new plans" for over 2 months now, and its been nearly a month since my last comment on this topic. I don't understand how it can take so long to update the Member's Facilities to make the same services available to existing customers. Ok, maybe a few weeks to redesign the website (and that's being really generous), but when you already have contracts with carriers signed, service application forms published online and all your internal processes sorted to allow access for new customers, how hard it is to change a few web pages/database fields for existing customers?

Do I need to cancel my Exetel membership just so I can apply again as a new user? With the money I could save on your new plans, I could do this and recoup the new user setup fee within 6 months. The longer you take to pass along these new plans, the more you are robbing me and every other existing Exetel customer.

Sorry. I do not believe you when you say "We are trying our best"... the work required to make it so does not take this long!

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:35 am

PS. I am about to enquire with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman to see if there are grounds for us (existing Exetel customers) to complain about this unfair treatment.

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:21 am

mayday175 wrote:
Unfortunately, I struggle to genuinely believe this. I've been watching these "new plans" for over 2 months now, and its been nearly a month since my last comment on this topic. I don't understand how it can take so long to update the Member's Facilities to make the same services available to existing customers. Ok, maybe a few weeks to redesign the website (and that's being really generous), but when you already have contracts with carriers signed, service application forms published online and all your internal processes sorted to allow access for new customers, how hard it is to change a few web pages/database fields for existing customers?

Do I need to cancel my Exetel membership just so I can apply again as a new user? With the money I could save on your new plans, I could do this and recoup the new user setup fee within 6 months. The longer you take to pass along these new plans, the more you are robbing me and every other existing Exetel customer.

Sorry. I do not believe you when you say "We are trying our best"... the work required to make it so does not take this long!

The new plans listed on the Exetel website are for new customers only as this is what we have negotiated with our wholesale supplier. As you can imagine we are very keen on getting such offers to our existing customers, however there are a number details relating to these plans that are complicating matters and so we’re asking for your patience a little longer.

You can change to the existing plans on the Members “ Change Plan” Page and then when the new plans are available you can upgrade to them later on. If you PM your service number one of our Residential Sales Consultants will be in touch with you to upgrade your plan.

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Finally, a snippet of useful information to help our understanding of why this is taking so long. I'm still confused which supplier you are referring to... you have so many wholesale suppliers. That doesn't matter though... In my case, I'm only concerned with Telstra (probably Telstra Wholesale) cos that's the only carrier at my local (regional) exchange.

There's no point changing to an existing plan in the Members Page... the plans available are more expensive than the one I'm already on! And Stella already sent me a polite reply to my email request for a manual plan change. Looks like I'm stuck for the time being...

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:33 pm

mayday175 wrote:Finally, a snippet of useful information to help our understanding of why this is taking so long. I'm still confused which supplier you are referring to... you have so many wholesale suppliers. That doesn't matter though... In my case, I'm only concerned with Telstra (probably Telstra Wholesale) cos that's the only carrier at my local (regional) exchange.

There's no point changing to an existing plan in the Members Page... the plans available are more expensive than the one I'm already on! And Stella already sent me a polite reply to my email request for a manual plan change. Looks like I'm stuck for the time being...

Please bear with us till the new plans are made available in the Members Facilities, Unfortunately it is not a simple process of ‘switching’ existing customers across, but we realize it’s in our best interests to get these plans to our existing customers and so we are trying to make sure this is resolved as quickly as possible.