New Plans!

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
James
Exetel Staff

Re: New Plans!

Post by James » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:52 pm

mayday175 wrote:PS. I am about to enquire with the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman to see if there are grounds for us (existing Exetel customers) to complain about this unfair treatment.
The TIO does not cover rates; http://www.tio.com.au/consumers/types-o ... -we-handle

"What we don’t look at
The rates a service provider charges for services
Services a service provider does or doesn’t offer "

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:56 pm

James wrote: The TIO does not cover rates; http://www.tio.com.au/consumers/types-o ... -we-handle

"What we don’t look at
The rates a service provider charges for services
Services a service provider does or doesn’t offer "
I get that, but my beef is about inequity. I'm not disputing the rates you offer, but rather the difference in rates for the same service; one user can get one thing while another user can't get that same thing. If both new customers and existing members were offered the same rate (even if it was the old, more expensive rate), this conversation would not exist.

That said, if you are not the source of this inequality (as you've already mentioned) then perhaps your wholesalers should hurry up and close this gap. (I struggle to believe ALL wholesales fit this pattern)

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:08 pm

nicoler wrote:Please bear with us till the new plans are made available in the Members Facilities, Unfortunately it is not a simple process of ‘switching’ existing customers across, but we realize it’s in our best interests to get these plans to our existing customers and so we are trying to make sure this is resolved as quickly as possible.
Hi nicoler,

Thanks for the update. Couple of things: You say it's not a simple process of 'switching' existing customers across. If you make the new plans available, surely it's up to existing customers to switch themselves? Also, when the new plans are available in the members section, could you please post in this thread?

Thank you,
Brad

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Yabbie wrote:
nicoler wrote:Please bear with us till the new plans are made available in the Members Facilities, Unfortunately it is not a simple process of ‘switching’ existing customers across, but we realize it’s in our best interests to get these plans to our existing customers and so we are trying to make sure this is resolved as quickly as possible.
Hi nicoler,

Thanks for the update. Couple of things: You say it's not a simple process of 'switching' existing customers across. If you make the new plans available, surely it's up to existing customers to switch themselves? Also, when the new plans are available in the members section, could you please post in this thread?

Thank you,
Brad
It's not as simple as you think, just putting them in the members area.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:37 pm

James wrote:It's not as simple as you think, just putting them in the members area.
Fair enough James.

I love Exetel, and I'm very happy with you (and always have been) and I'll be sticking with you. Without going around in circles, I just think these plans should be offered to existing members *first*, to reward/retain us. I gather that's not how you negotiated the new rates with your wholesalers, but perhaps that should change? I don't mean to be rude.

Anyway, I look forward to these new plans becoming available soon, whenever that may be. :)

Brad

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Our wholesalers only care about net new customers, which is why this pricing is currently only for them.

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:13 pm

James wrote:Our wholesalers only care about net new customers, which is why this pricing is currently only for them.
I had wondered if that was the case. Can I churn from Exetel to Exetel...? :wink:

James
Exetel Staff

Post by James » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:57 pm

mayday175 wrote:
James wrote:Our wholesalers only care about net new customers, which is why this pricing is currently only for them.
I had wondered if that was the case. Can I churn from Exetel to Exetel...? :wink:
Nope, you would have to cancel, reapply.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:52 am

What the hell is going on?!?!?!

After months of being told Exetel couldn't simply give access to the new plans available on the website, in some massive coincidence, the plans happen to become available just after a new billing cycle starts, to lock us in for one more month.

The worst part is, the plans aren't even the same (as those on the website)!!

The "new" plans in user services are terrible! On the website (if I was a new customer), I should be able to get 500G for $50pm. In the user services, $50pm gets me 20G!!

Way to look after your loyal, long term customers Exetel :evil:

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:21 am

Yabbie wrote:What the hell is going on?!?!?!

After months of being told Exetel couldn't simply give access to the new plans available on the website, in some massive coincidence, the plans happen to become available just after a new billing cycle starts, to lock us in for one more month.

The worst part is, the plans aren't even the same (as those on the website)!!

The "new" plans in user services are terrible! On the website (if I was a new customer), I should be able to get 500G for $50pm. In the user services, $50pm gets me 20G!!

Way to look after your loyal, long term customers Exetel :evil:
Hi Brad,

Please be advised that the new plans have not been updated in the member facility currently, the plan change options available currently are the same plans as previously available to you.

Yabbie

Post by Yabbie » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:34 am

nicoler wrote: Hi Brad,

Please be advised that the new plans have not been updated in the member facility currently, the plan change options available currently are the same plans as previously available to you.
You mean that whole rant was all for nothing! :oops:

I assumed they were the new plans, as there is no "new plans coming soon" banner there any more.

Anyway, just ignore me. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

nicoler
Exetel Staff

Post by nicoler » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:39 pm

Yabbie wrote:
nicoler wrote: Hi Brad,

You mean that whole rant was all for nothing! :oops:

I assumed they were the new plans, as there is no "new plans coming soon" banner there any more.

Anyway, just ignore me. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Will keep you informed as and when the new plans are available in the member facility :)

jan45

Post by jan45 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:59 pm

We don't have any "new plans coming soon" anymore.
At the beginning of October the forum said "in about 2 months"
then "new plans coming soon" in members area.
then now the 2 months are up, the "new plans" has gone, and we're back to nothing.

What's going on?

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:30 pm

jan45 wrote:We don't have any "new plans coming soon" anymore.
At the beginning of October the forum said "in about 2 months"
then "new plans coming soon" in members area.
then now the 2 months are up, the "new plans" has gone, and we're back to nothing.

What's going on?
We are still negotiating with our suppliers to offer the new plans to existing customers. We'll keep you updated.

mayday175

Post by mayday175 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am

Yes, I also noticed the "New Plans Coming Soon" banner has disappeared. Kinda speaks volumes to me... ie. new plans are not coming soon.

Back to a previous comment of mine... churning from Exetel to Exetel. As strange as this sounds, is it a viable option? Yes, I'd have to cancel my service then apply again, but saving $20 per month (and getting twice the download allowance, on a Regional 1 Telstra only exchange) would offset the new connection fee fairly quickly. I would like to discuss this scenario further... some questions that come to mind straight away:
- What would be the steps to achieve this?
- How long would it take?
- How much would it cost?
- Will it affect my existing Exetel member services? (eg. email addresses, blog/web space, VIOP DID, line rental, etc)
- Is it possible to for you to send the cancel and new connect requests to the carrier at the same time? I'm hoping that this might allow you to access the carrier's new plans/rates without having to unconfigure my Exetel member services.
- Anything else I/we should know?
- Or would you simply refuse to action such a request?

I realise this sounds like a crazy idea, but I would like to have a sensible, educational conversation re the pros and cons of this, keeping to the facts and refraining from speculation and personal opinion. Without an ETA for the new plans for members (ie. without a light at the end of the tunnel), this seems like the only option for the time being.