New Plans!

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Thy_Zombie!

Re: New Plans!

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:42 pm

basshead wrote:Looks like the current "new plans" from the main webpage are finally available to existing customers via "change plan" in member facilities...
OK, sorry, so somebody has to ask... is there any likelihood, any time soon, of the 'unbundled' option of the new plans going to be included via the Change Plan menu in the Members Dashboard facility?

Thanks.

- TZ!

remosha
Exetel Staff

Post by remosha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi TZ,

Plan changes are only available as Bundles for now. We have no information on future plan offerings.

Regards,
Remosha

Thy_Zombie!

Post by Thy_Zombie! » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:36 pm

** SIGH ** :(

OK. Thanks, Remosha.

My current unbundled plan is costing me almost $30 p/m more than the new unbundled plan on the same 500GB tier. Given that it took 6+ months for the new bundled plans to be made available for existing customers, I probably should look at the below option (and now wish I had done so much ealier) instead of burning a further $30 p/m;
CoreyPlover wrote:
mayday175 wrote:Therefore I'm continuing down the 3G path and trying to do this as cheap as possible... I've dug up an old Telstra Turbo modem and hacked the unlock code out of it. Once I get an Optus $2 broadband SIM, I can put the unlock code in and test the 2100MHz 3G reception at my place (so long as they don't use 900MHz only at the tower I can see down the road, I should be ok). If this is all good, I should be able to fiddle with OpenWRT and get it working on my router. Once this tests out ok, its then time to get Exetel 3G broadband and cancel my ADSL. Fingers crossed all the stars line up...
For most users, the migration pathway is even easier, as all you need to do is enable a wifi hotspot on your phone and share your phone's 3G data (which nowadays is often 1-2GB of data usage, or more). Even better is if your household has a few phones on data plans that you can use on alternating days.
Just seems like a giant pain in the backside and a fair bit of juggling to make this happen. I would have simply cancelled my service and applied as a "new customer" except for the fact that I don't want to lose other eXeTeL goodies... some of which I've had for ~9 years.

Ahh well, themz tha breaks.

When I find the motivation to understand my options better (in regards to the above quote), I will start a separate thread, instead of spamming this one, in order to obtain assistance from the helpful eXeTeL forum members ;)

Thanx.

- TZ!