Usage meter showing zeo

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
davo

Usage meter showing zeo

Post by davo » Thu May 01, 2014 2:44 pm

My Usage meter has been showing zero all day. I see others reported the same thing on Whirlpool earlier today but most said it has been fixed soon after and is working correctly.

Do I have to do something to get it working or is there still a problem?

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Re: Usage meter showing zeo

Post by KavindaS » Thu May 01, 2014 4:43 pm

davo wrote:My Usage meter has been showing zero all day. I see others reported the same thing on Whirlpool earlier today but most said it has been fixed soon after and is working correctly.

Do I have to do something to get it working or is there still a problem?
Have you done any downloads since then? I could see the usage is still 0. However your billing cycle has re started from today so it will reset to 0. Have a power reboot on your modem and monitor the meter. If no usage count do let us know as we need to check via the developing team.

davo

Post by davo » Thu May 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Yes I have downloaded quite a bit today. I also restarted the modem at least twice and deleted the cookies on the browser. Can't think of anything else to try. The problem seemed to start yesterday afternoon when the "Updated at..." became stuck on 15:57 I think it was. Then logging in to the Members Facilities has been difficult all day with various error messages appearing.

KavindaS
Forum Admin

Post by KavindaS » Thu May 01, 2014 5:21 pm

davo wrote:Yes I have downloaded quite a bit today. I also restarted the modem at least twice and deleted the cookies on the browser. Can't think of anything else to try. The problem seemed to start yesterday afternoon when the "Updated at..." became stuck on 15:57 I think it was. Then logging in to the Members Facilities has been difficult all day with various error messages appearing.
If that the case, I will check this with the developing team and update you.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Thu May 01, 2014 5:46 pm

I have the same thing happening, my usage meter is also at zero.
I have rebooted, turned off the router for at least 15mins, etc
And yes I have downloaded a few gig today, and it's still on zero...
\
In theory, when I have an unlimited account it shouldn't matter, but, I like to know where I'm at.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Thu May 01, 2014 7:20 pm

We have informed our development team to look into this matter. We will try our level best to get this resolved ASAP.

davo

Post by davo » Fri May 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks for getting it fixed. Appears to be working OK now.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Fri May 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Thanks for getting it fixed. Appears to be working OK now.
Thanks for the confirmation, hope it's all good. :)

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Fri May 02, 2014 7:58 pm

I checked this afternoon and noticed it seemed to be working, but, I just checked again 4 hours later, and found that the numbers haven't changed since, even though I have downloaded stuff.

So, how often is the usage supposed to update?

Chris T

Post by Chris T » Fri May 02, 2014 9:38 pm

I don't think it is fixed. My usage meter is showing zero usage on 01/05/2014 and the usages on 02/05/2014 are stuck. So unless they irrecoverably lost, I assumed, some Radius accounting data, or they are busy back processing the data; it's not fixed yet.

ShaminG
Exetel Staff

Post by ShaminG » Fri May 02, 2014 11:56 pm

So, how often is the usage supposed to update?
I had a look into your detailed usage and could see it has not been updated since afternoon. It's supposed to get updated every 30 minutes.

We will continue with the investigations and update you once a fix is available.

Tazz

Post by Tazz » Sun May 04, 2014 12:12 am

Seems to be working ok now.

Thank you to Exetel for the usual great service :)

bodogbodog

Post by bodogbodog » Sun May 04, 2014 8:50 am

Chris T wrote:I don't think it is fixed. My usage meter is showing zero usage on 01/05/2014....it's not fixed yet.
It's showing Zero usage (on all categories) for me on my ADSL2 service on 1 May - then there is usage reflected for 2 May onwards
Can someone have a look at this please - or confirm that the 1 May usage data wont be added on at the end of the month and potentially tip us over into excess usage (unlikely on the limits my plan offers I know :D

angelos
Exetel Staff

Post by angelos » Mon May 05, 2014 1:57 am

bodogbodog wrote:It's showing Zero usage (on all categories) for me on my ADSL2 service on 1 May - then there is usage reflected for 2 May onwards
Can someone have a look at this please - or confirm that the 1 May usage data wont be added on at the end of the month and potentially tip us over into excess usage (unlikely on the limits my plan offers I know :D
I see what you mean. Will have to get this checked and will be able to let you know once we get an answer on this because we are able to see that the ADSL has been used when we check the detailed usage.