Page to change ADSL password not found

Queries, errors or glitches regarding Member facilities
Post Reply
BAM0
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:24 am
Location: Perth

Page to change ADSL password not found

Post by BAM0 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:45 am

The link to change ADSL password found in the help here
https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/supp ... sl_support
still goes to the old site https://www.exetel.com.au/members/accou ... ssword.php which is now 404.

HashiniA
Exetel Staff
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 am
Location: Australia

Re: Page to change ADSL password not found

Post by HashiniA » Sat May 31, 2014 2:56 pm

BAM0 wrote:The link to change ADSL password found in the help here
https://www.exetel.com.au/myexetel/supp ... sl_support
still goes to the old site https://www.exetel.com.au/members/accou ... ssword.php which is now 404.
Hi BAM0,

We will get our developers to look into this. Thanks :)

u9026a
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:29 pm

Re: Page to change ADSL password not found

Post by u9026a » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:09 pm

The link still goes to a 404 not found page. How else do we find our password?

angelos
Exetel Staff
Posts: 1068
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Page to change ADSL password not found

Post by angelos » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:51 pm

u9026a wrote:The link still goes to a 404 not found page. How else do we find our password?
The option to change the ADSL password is not available anymore.

If you wish to change it please get in touch with Support or email residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

CoreyPlover
Volunteer Site Admin
Posts: 5922
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, VIC

Re: Page to change ADSL password not found

Post by CoreyPlover » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:48 pm

angelos wrote:The option to change the ADSL password is not available anymore.
!!! What ?!!

Name another single company who requires users to email or contact support to change a password! All passwords should be transmitted, and stored *encrypted* and without intervention or supervision by anyone except the people setting the password. Asking for a password to be read out aloud over the phone or sent via plain text email and then typed in manually by an Exetel support staff is absolutely ludicrous.
I am a volunteer moderator and not an Exetel staff member. As with all forum posts, mine do not constitute any "official" Exetel position. Support tickets may be logged via https://helpdesk.exetel.com.au or residentialsupport@exetel.com.au

EroshanJ
Exetel Staff
Posts: 243
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:26 am
Location: Australia

Re: Page to change ADSL password not found

Post by EroshanJ » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:45 pm

CoreyPlover wrote:
angelos wrote:The option to change the ADSL password is not available anymore.
!!! What ?!!

Name another single company who requires users to email or contact support to change a password! All passwords should be transmitted, and stored *encrypted* and without intervention or supervision by anyone except the people setting the password. Asking for a password to be read out aloud over the phone or sent via plain text email and then typed in manually by an Exetel support staff is absolutely ludicrous.
It is not to provide the details over the phone or email. We requested you to contact Support team in order to reset your ADSL password after verifying.

Post Reply